Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiling with xcode  (Read 7920 times)
befno
Half-Nub

Cakes -6

« on: February 18, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »

I'm trying to compile OpenArena on Xcode, but i can't get it to build an app bundle.  It compiles on the terminal with ./make-macosx-ub.sh, but I would like to have the code in xcode in a project.  Anyone know if this is possible?
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »

I am unfamiliar with Xcode, but like most IDE's you'll probably need to include the headers and source files to the project tree.

If Xcode supports recursive inclusion then this shouldn't be much of a problem. Afterwards it should be just a simple case of setting the correct flags and arguments. Checking the macs make script should reveal this information.

kit89.
befno
Half-Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »

Long delay, had forgotten this thread.  I finally got openarena to compile, and it generates an .app bundle. It runs great on my mac, but when I send it to some friends to test it, they tell me the game exits giving a 0 files found in 0 pk3 files. On their end, the executable inside the .app is not finding the pk3s.  I've tried editing the fs_basepath on files.c and qshared.h, but still gives that error in their macs.  Anyone know how to make the binary inside the bundle find the data files also inside the bundle?
OpenArena7
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:43 AM »

Benfo...What did you do to get OpenArena to compile with xCode? 
hemite
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »

Hey guys, sorry if I'm not supposed to reply to this topic since its so old.

Befno: If you were successful at compiling for xcode, can you by chance make the xcode project file available? I would much rather try developing for this game if the code is organized in some for of IDE, preferably if someone else has already organized the project (less work for me =p )

everyone else: If you guys have a project file for any other IDE (Eclipse or whatever) I would love to look at those as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: