Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: windows to mac move - help on setup  (Read 6315 times)
xlancealotx
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 27, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »

so I have my windows machine here with a 24' monitor running smooth, but now have a nice 27' iMac as my primary machine.   I primarily play online with my config in the appdata/roaming/openarena/baseoa folder.  That is my config that I wish to use.

So the questions are;

1.  Where is the config file on the mac.  The zip was downloaded and seems to run from the downloads/openarena-0/8.1 folder.  There is a baseoa folder, but pretty clean (I am assuming it's due to the fact I haven't played online) but regardless I dont see that file there.

2.  What are some settings/tweaks on how to setup the video, I have the default high set, so it it set as 'full screen' but only 80% or so is actually used.   Any other command/settings I should have in the config.  It's an iMac27, 12G ram.

That will get me started to the point of tweaking more ... let me know if I need to provide anything else.  Even that config seems so much smoother than the windows version, but just want the full screen and my config to work.

Tnx
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

Configuration is stored in your "homepath" folder: see (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Homepath
I don't know if you may experience some kind of problem just copying a configuration created under Windows to Mac... of course you can try. E.g. you may have to restore "cl_cURLLib" variable to the default, or something similar...

Anyway, for Mac issues, you may try to contact Jackoverfull.

For resolution options, see (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#Resolution
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:09:43 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »

You most likely need to adapt the resolution. Append/replace this in your config or execute in the in-game console.

Code:
r_mode -1
r_customWidth 2560
r_customHeight 1440

This space is for rent.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »

You should not have any problem copying your config, as long as:

- you change the line endings. This is maybe not necessary, but converting from WINDOWS CRLF to MAC endings should be ensured to avoid weirdy errors.

- remove platform dependant cvars from your config, these will be automatically reconfigured for your new OS (eg: renderer vars, sound vars such as s_alDriver, etc).
Tiny
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:02 AM »

I assume if you just moved to mac, you now run with Lion.
So, about the primary folder you downloaded ( where you find the app launcher ), just put that folder in the applications folder.

Your config file ( the " real " baseoa ) is located in your applications supports, to find it, you got 2 ways ( as it's not directly shown on Lion whereas it was before ):
1) open finder
2) Select " Go " in the taskbar
3) then you got 2 possiblities, press alt and it'll show up the library, or click on " Go to folder... " and then write Library in it.
4) Once you're in the library, just get in " Applications supports "
5) There find the Open Arena file, and you'll find the baseoa folder in there with all the maps/configs/mods and such Wink

About the video, don't use your old windows settings, just get in the vids settings and put everything to the highest, personally i don't have  the 27" imac, i got both an old 24" and the newest 21,5", and on both i got complete full screen with the highest settings Smiley

If you got any questions for mac, you can ask me if you want Wink

Fear the Tiny's fire!! ( or bring some water! )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: