Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate Fire Mini Frag Festival -- Sunday, 13 May 2012  (Read 9767 times)
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« on: May 10, 2012, 02:34:01 AM »

The WASP Clan has been having a series of mini themed matches over the past 4 Sundays.  We now turn our attention to an AfterShock Fest on Sunday, 20 May at the AS*Fun Server in Milan (Northern Italy).  But first, this Sunday, 13 May, we will play some beautiful maps using an old and interesting Mod called Alternate Fire.

A few attractions of this old Mod is its better horizontal and vertical control physics than baseq3/baseoa, its support of Return The Flag (one of the best CTF game types IMO along with Urban Terror's Capture and Hold), and its use of an alternate fire for each weapon, as well as, alternate powerups.

This will not be a huge event and, in fact, the information will only be posted at this Forum.  I am simply hoping to attract a few extra players who like to try different things.

Details:

Alternate Fire Mini Frag Festival -- Sunday, 13 May 2012

Server: America’s #1 Server  --  IP and Port: 74.91.112.187:28000

No Frag Limits or Capture Limits. Time Limit for each map will be 6 minutes.  1.5 minutes warm-up/cool-down between maps.

Please download the Mod from our website.  It includes 2 extra files and an optimized q3config.cfg that you should only need to modify your name and weapon/movement keys - http://oa.goquake.com/servers/alternate-fire_2.0.zip

Simply extract the directory (folder) from the compressed file and copy it to your openarena directory (folder).

Map and Game Type sequence:

Team Death Match:

Free For All (Death Match):

Team Death Match:

Return The Flag:

Team Death Match:

Total Time of the FragFest including rest between maps = 1 hour and 51 minutes.

Select your time zone and come for the complete event or only for a few maps.

Eastern European Summer Time: 10:00 PM (22:00) (GMT + 3:00)

Central European Summer Time: 9:00 PM (21:00) (GMT + 2:00)

Western European Summer Time / British Summer Time: 8:00 PM (20:00) (GMT + 1:00)

Atlantic Standard Time / Suramérica / Ámérica do Sul: 4:00 PM (16:00) (GMT – 3:00)

Eastern Standard Time: 3:00 PM (15:00) (GMT – 4:00)

Central Standard Time: 2:00 PM (14:00) (GMT – 5:00)

Mountain Standard Time: 1:00 PM (13:00) (GMT – 6:00)

Pacific Standard Time: 12:00 PM (12:00) (GMT – 7:00)

http://www.worldtimezone.com

Alternate Powerups: Quad Damage, Regeneration, Haste, and Invisibility are replaced every other respawn with these alternate powerups.

Accuracy: You get a bigger, meaner crosshair. You WILL nail anything inside of it when you pull the trigger.

Vitality: Your max health becomes 300, and you can get up to that with normal health pickups (25's and 50's).

Speed: These boots will double your speed! Near the end of the powerup, however, they weigh you down like lead.

Hologram: Is that a player, or a hologram? If it's a hologram, you had better find the player in stasis and take him out before his hologram stomps you!

Vampiric Health: Both the mega health and the small health spheres alternate with two sizes of vampiric health.  If you have one of these the attacking player takes the damage he is trying to give you. Hilarious.

Secondary Weapons:  In the "Control" menus, under "Shoot" you will find this option directly under the "attack" binding.

Liquid Metal Protection (gauntlet): When you are firing, you are impervious to splash damage, falling damage, and 1/2 of all other damage.

Flares (machinegun): They have a somewhat slow trajectory, attract homing missiles, and set off proximity grenades.

One-shell Shotgun (shotgun): One shell (like with deer hunting). That's all. You fire more quickly, and ofc it has virtually no spread. If you can aim, it's better than the primary attack in many instances.

Sticky Proximity Grenades (grenade launcher): They stick to walls, ceilings, and floors, and blow up whenever an enemy gets too close.

Homing Missiles (rocket launcher): Keep your opponent busy with these while you either run the map or attack him with something else.

Lightning Web (lightning gun): These can fill up a hallway and make it nearly impassable for 20 seconds, or until the creator dies.

Radius Rail (rail gun): Think of this as a normal railgun with a wide radius that can cause a lot of pain.

Orbiting Plasma (plasma gun): Launch a few of these if you want to keep your enemies outside your comfort zone.

BFG Overload (BFG): Sort of like the Redeemer in Unreal Tournament.  Run like hell.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:23 AM »

Have not played OA for quite a while. This will be interesting. I'm in if no sudden plans come up.

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »

Alternate Fire, great mod: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat%2FAlternate_Fire

I'm sorry I will not be at home... it would have been great!

Vampiric Health: Both the mega health and the small health spheres alternate with two sizes of vampiric health.  If you have one of these the attacking player takes the damage he is trying to give you. Hilarious.
Are you sure  Vampiric Health works this way? I thought it was that the vampiric health you collect is not immediately available, but is placed in a separate "side area" instead (where it is not effective yet)... and then, by hitting your enemies, the same amount of damage you do to them is moved from your "vampiric" meter to your regular health meter, becoming effective. But I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:33:58 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »

Are you sure  Vampiric Health works this way? I thought it was that the vampiric health you collect is not immediately available, but is placed in a separate "side area" instead (where it is not effective yet)... and then, by hitting your enemies, the same amount of damage you do to them is moved from your "vampiric" meter to your regular health meter, becoming effective. But I may be wrong.

Gig, I thought it worked that way but I may be wrong.  I played the Mod a few times back in 2004-2005 and just took a long look at it again.  My recent LAN test had so may players and bots that it was difficult to determine what was going on with that power-up because of the heavy fragging.  However, I will test it against 1 bot and see for certain.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »

Also the BFG overload is very nice, and maybe it may be described in a more detailed way to explain it better. When activated, your character sets the weapon for self-destruction, drops the gun on the ground and you are teleported to spectator mode. If some other player grabs the BFG within a couple of seconds, he will abort the self-destruction and get the weapon. If noone takes it, it will cause a huge explosion, that will shake the arena (explosion radius depending from ammo left).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »

...Are you sure  Vampiric Health works this way? I thought it was that the vampiric health you collect is not immediately available, but is placed in a separate "side area" instead (where it is not effective yet)... and then, by hitting your enemies, the same amount of damage you do to them is moved from your "vampiric" meter to your regular health meter, becoming effective. But I may be wrong.

Gig, you are absolutely correct.  TY for the correction and also for your better explanation of the BFG's alternate fire function.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

Anyway, how did the event went? Everything ok?

Maybe you may organize more of these events, about AlternateFire or also other old but good mods, e.g. BazookaQ3.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: