Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oadmflags  (Read 10354 times)
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« on: September 10, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

I've posted version 1.1 of the oadmflags tool on my OA project page. For now it's win32 only (should work on x64 too), until I get my Linux system up and make a build environment (or you can build it yourself since the source is included). It's a simple tool to construct a value for the dmflags (DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Special_game_options]special game options). You can select checkboxes, and it'll automatically build a value in various representations. You can even enter a value and it'll select the appropriate checkboxes according to the value. It does not automatically set the value into your config, I may do this in the future. Perhaps it would be better to put all the tools (oanc, oadmflags, and whatever may follow) into one tool, with one code base.

Also, I've attached the tool here for convenience.

In defeat we learn.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:55 AM »

Would it be possible to implement those tools using a good old website with some JavaScript?

This space is for rent.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »

I've posted version 1.1 of the oadmflags tool ...
Version 1.0 maybe?  Cheesy
Anyway, nice work, man!  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »

Would it be possible to implement those tools using a good old website with some JavaScript?

Yes, the name changer was already done as a web page (there is a topic on the forums somewhere), and dmflags should be possible to do too. Of course, any changes to the config files would have to be done manually. Not that oadmflags does anything with the config currently.

Version 1.0 maybe?  Cheesy
Anyway, nice work, man!  Smiley

Yeah, version 1.0. Got that mixed up with some other tool Cheesy Thanks.

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »

DBX, what about changing "no invisibility skin" to "total invisibility" as the name of dmflags 256 in the tool?
IIRC, "no invisibility skin" is the definition Sago provided in the code when implemented it, but that name seems quite misleading, IMHO. What do you think, guys?

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Dmflags

PS: in the tool, the "Decimal" value may be referred as the "dmflags" variable in some way.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:46:35 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »

DBX, what about changing "no invisibility skin" to "total invisibility" as the name of dmflags 256 in the tool?
IIRC, "no invisibility skin" is the definition Sago provided in the code when implemented it, but that name seems quite misleading, IMHO. What do you think, guys?
Yeah, makes sense. I'll add also tooltips that describe these better.

PS: in the tool, the "Decimal" value may be referred as the "dmflags" variable in some way.
Well, it's really about a representation of a value. Of course, the value of the dmflags variable is set as a decimal number in the console and config. I could add this in brackets like "decimal (dmflags)".

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »

Sounds good. Smiley

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »

Could you also add a screenshot of the application on the homepage you've mentioned?
The one for "OpenArena Name Changer" looks like it's from a Linux system, so maybe that's already on your todo-list Smiley

This space is for rent.
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »

Could you also add a screenshot of the application on the homepage you've mentioned?
The one for "OpenArena Name Changer" looks like it's from a Linux system, so maybe that's already on your todo-list Smiley

Sure, I'll add a screenshot. In hindsight I should have done that immediately.

In defeat we learn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: