Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DMFLAGS  (Read 10901 times)
nba.richforever
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »

I havent been able to get dmflags working ive read the section on wikia about it but it doesnt work ive tried doing my own trial and error on the varibles negative and positive 512, etc.

I even gave it a try with OADMFlags by dbx is there something wrong with this setting?

i want to use it but i never was able to

Angry

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »

Are you sure you are using OpenArena 0.8.8 ("0.8.8" text should appear in the lower right corner of the main menu)?
Are you sure you are using the base game (baseoa) and not a mod?
Are you playing locally?

You mentioned DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/dmflags]dmflags 512, that is "light voting"... you may try with a more "visible" one, like /dmflags 1024 (that should disable self damage from weapons).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:17:48 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
nba.richforever
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

i am playing locally Gig

even launching a server it doesnt work.

playing locally dmflags doesnt work?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »

It should work, I tested them playing locally.

How is your /dmflags value now?
Are you sure you are using OA 0.8.8 "baseoa"?
Do you see "0.8.8" in the lower right corner of the main menu? Are you sure you did not load a mod?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
nba.richforever
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »

Nooo im using 0.8.8

ive been setting the Values and i seen nothing during

CTF/DM/deFraG/Elimination/etc

nothing works
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »

I don't understand how that is possible.

Are you capable of creating a server accessible from the outside, so we may try to connect to it?

However, what's your dmflags value now?

PS: "Defrag" is a mod... don't expect 0.8.8 dmflags to work there.

PPS: Are you sure your 0.8.8 isn't messed up by 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 patches in different folders? If you have 0.8.5 patch under your homepath (autodownload) folder and 0.8.8 patch under your basepath (installation) folder, you experience problems (the opposite should work correctly, instead).

nba.richforever
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »

I will check today been buy lately

edit: I checked it out and its still the same issue there was no 085 pak file in the homepath

am i the only one who cant get it working?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:37:55 AM by nba.richforever » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

But do at least the original Q3 dmflags work for you?

Try this:
- launch openarena.exe
- pull down the console
- type /dmflags 0, then press ENTER key
- type /map aggressor, then press ENTER key
- once in the game, pull down the console again
- type /cg_fov, then press [ENTER] key. Write down the resulting value (your current cg_fov) somewhere.
- type /cg_fov 120, then press [ENTER] key. Unless you already had it to 120 or very similar, you should notice a visible change of your DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#Field_of_view]field of view.
- type /dmflags 16, then press [ENTER] key. You should see the field of view change again (you should have less lateral view now). Is this the case?

If yes, at least the original dmflags work for you... if not, well, I have no idea.
After the test, you can then restore /dmflags to 0 and /cg_fov to your previous value.

If you wanna test the new 0.8.8 dmflags, now go get the plasma gun, face a wall (touching the wall) and shoot. You should get some damage. Now set /dmflags 1024, go face-touching that wall and shoot again with the plasma. This time, you should get no damage.
If you do not get damage, 0.8.8 dmflags do work correctly. If not, it looks like you are using the wrong VM, like if you are not using 0.8.8 or you are using a mod instead of baseoa.
Try typing "/fs_game", ENTER... it should return "fs_game is "", the default". In this case, you are running baseoa... if you have a different result, you are running a mod, that will probably have its own game logic (contained in a Quake Virtual Machine), that does not contain the 0.8.8 game logic changes (like the new dmflags).
If you are running baseoa, maybe you may have (auto)downloaded a "bad" pk3 file from some bad-configured server, that contains its own VM, and that VM is used in the place of the standard 0.8.8 one when playing locally? Server admins (and players in gerneral) should not place gameplay-modifying things directly in baseoa folder, but sometimes it happens, DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Yesterday_everything_worked_correctly.2C_but_today_I_experience_strange_problems]and this can mess up things.

You can restore /dmflags 0 now.

nba.richforever
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »

Ok the fov was 110 and dmflags was 0

dmflags 16 changed the fov

i changed it to 0 again (soon as i shot i "killed myelf") and then to 1024 i received damage.

fs_game is ""

i do not understand these words though

If you are running baseoa, maybe you may have (auto)downloaded a "bad" pk3 file from some bad-configured server, that contains its own VM, and that VM is used in the place of the standard 0.8.8 one when playing locally? Server admins (and players in gerneral) should not place gameplay-modifying things directly in baseoa folder, but sometimes it happens, and this can mess up things.

EDIT:

Ok i think i understand tell me if im wrong

a certain downloaded pk3 file is causing this issue.

i moved files and seen that it was indeed a pk3 file because there are nothing but known map pk3 files only.

i will continue to figure which pk3 file is causing this crap.

thanks again Gig Smiley

EDIT(2):

Didnt take but 2 attempt :v)

files name was pak7-oax.pk3

i still have the file ill extract it and see what this file is before someone else hops on and tells me.

feel free to give input on pak7-oax.pk3
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:41:25 PM by nba.richforever » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

A server sent an outdated OAX prototype version, so you can delete that pk3.

FYI, OAX is what OA uses for the base gamecode.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:13 AM »

For infos about OAX, see (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OAX

When testing an OAX version, people (especially server admins) should place the OAX pk3 in an apposite folder (e.g. OAXB49, OAXB50, ecc.), NOT in baseoa. With that pk3 in your baseoa, when playing on a third-party "DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Pure_server]pure server", you were using the correct 0.8.8 gamecode, because that pk3 would have been ignored (except in the "bad" server that used it)... but when playing locally, that pk3 was used, and so its gamecode (in this case, older than 0.8.8 gamecode, considering that it lacks some 0.8.8 features) was used instead of the one from 0.8.8.

PS: you're wellcome.  Smiley

nba.richforever
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

Thank you guys for the information, program works well as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: