Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixation Caps Lock  (Read 6444 times)
Andree
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: September 24, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

I use the in game button Caps Lock, as the move to the front, but it does not work like a normal button, and uses fixation, unlike other games. Please fix it in future versions.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:04:25 AM by Andree » Logged
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:53 AM »

ispravte
This means fix.

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:08:53 AM »

Uhm... if you push it, it actually turns on/off the caps lock in OS (and in console), and
- if used for a command like "+zoom", it toggles between zoom mode on and off each time you press it (press once to enable, press again to disable).
- if used for a command like "say Hi!", it says the word once every TWO press (it does not say it continously; it only says it when the capslock light goes on). Same for "weapon 1" command: it switches to the gauntlet once every two times you press the key.

How should this behaviour change? It should still be possible to enable and disable caps lock by pressing it.
Is this an engine thing that should be proposed to ioquake3 staff?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »

Is this an engine thing that should be proposed to ioquake3 staff?
It is a SDL thing. Newer versions of SDL allows the environment SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS to be set to "1" to allow caps-lock and num-lock to be used as keys. Debian uses a modified version of SDL that always allows Caps-lock.

I guess one could add
Code:
setenv("SDL_DISABLE_LOCK_KEYS","1",0 /*allow user provided value*/);
before SDL_Init() in the engine to make this the default behavior. 

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: