Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleporting?  (Read 19964 times)
VooDoo
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 03, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »

Is it just me or does everyone see the players teleporting instead of running? about every 3 to 6 feet. makes it almost impossible to get a lock on someone with your ret. even if everyone has a low ping it does this. I have seen this before in many games. but its usualy due to a bad connection. single player is ok. but multiplayer everyone is blinking all over the place. my quake 3 doesnt do this, just thought it might be something in the netcode.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »

Nope I dont get this.

What speed is your internet connection?
VooDoo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

5 megs down 756 up. cable.
P4 3.0 ghz
gig ddr ram
Geforce 7600

All my other multiplayer FPS games work just fine. so does this one except for the teleporting.
sylux
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »

Its proboly because they don't have good computers or a good ping
Ryan450
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:25 PM »

could be that your own ping is too high. The way you see the world in game with things moving around is all about the ping of others and YOU. if your ping is over 150 everyone looks like that.
VooDoo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »

No even if everyones ping is 50 it still does this.
Maybe I will take fraps and make a movie of everyone hopping around so you can see what Im talking about.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »

Whats your framerate? to find out type "/cg_drawfps 1" in the console (push th button under Esc) type without the "".

I would recommend that if you have increased your com_maxfps to higher than 90 to bring it back down.

What many don't know is that if you have a fps of 300 this can cause lag. As the processor is working overtime on needless frames(seeing how most monitors display at 60Hz you really only need 60fps) locking up the processor and it skips info coming from the server.
VooDoo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

No. vsync is on. and my max is about 105. at 300 fps I think I would hear the sound of tearing.
I have noticed that when I play mine and everyone elses pings are very sporadic. going from 50 to 400.
might be that I guess. happens on all servers though. Im going to install the game at work and see if it does
the same thing. 
Ryan450
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »

what is your own average ping looking like?
VooDoo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »

Well there is only a few servers that are under 100 ping. The rest are way high. 300 plus.
like there all in russia or some place. but as far as my ping on the servers I play on. its
about 50 or 60. Until more people join then the server can handle. I usualy see about 40 servers.
only 11 server have players in them. and only 3 servers with playable pings.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »

bad connection....., i can handle, 600 to 700 ping, cause mines usally, 300 to 400

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »

Is it just me or does everyone see the players teleporting instead of running? about every 3 to 6 feet. makes it almost impossible to get a lock on someone with your ret. even if everyone has a low ping it does this. I have seen this before in many games. but its usualy due to a bad connection. single player is ok. but multiplayer everyone is blinking all over the place. my quake 3 doesnt do this, just thought it might be something in the netcode.
You see like that all the players on all the servers?

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

maybe try opening the console with the ` key (the key next to tab and 1, not ' which looks very similar) and typing:
Code:
\rate 50000
i think the quake 3 default of 3000(?) is still in openarena which is kind of a slow old dial up setting.  i use 21000 myself then again i only have a very congested 256k up rate.
there still does seem to be teleporting at times with a higher rate, i think something is odd with some maps where model culling (not drawing them when they are supposed to be invisible) is done too excessive at some corners.  like on oasago if i go to the rocket launcher at the dead end i'm at a disadvantage for people comming up the jump pad area and around because often they don't show until far around a corner (when they should be going through my crosshair but warp through it instead) when i'm comming out of that area.  i don't know why no one else seems to have noticed this problem though.  maybe when i'm playing with 120 to 200 ping on american servers the lag causes it?  it doesn't appear to happen offline.  other times when i see others teleport their connection has a fit of hiccups.
AllCoholic
Half-Nub

Cakes -10

/name " All"

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

No, that was me testing an UrbanTerror teleport bug in OpenArena. It works!

The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than you think.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates.
AllCoholic
Half-Nub

Cakes -10

/name " All"

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »

Teleportation is the transfer of matter from one point to another, more or less instantaneously, either by paranormal means or through technological artifice. Teleportation has been widely utilized in works of science fiction.

Similar is apport, an earlier word used to describe what today might be called teleportation; and bilocation, in which an individual or object is said to be, or appears to be, located in two distinct places at the same instant in time. The word "teletransportation" (which simply expands Charles Fort's abbreviated term) was first employed by Derek Parfit as part of a thought exercise on identity.

The word was coined in 1931[1][2] by American writer Charles Fort to describe the strange disappearances and appearances of anomalies, which he suggested may be connected. He joined the Greek prefix tele- (meaning "distant") to the Latin verb portare (meaning "to carry"). Fort's first formal use of the word was in the second chapter of his 1931 book, Lo! "Mostly in this book I shall specialize upon indications that there exists a transportory force that I shall call Teleportation." Though, with his typical half-serious jokiness, Fort added, "I shall be accused of having assembled lies, yarns, hoaxes, and superstitions. To some degree I think so myself. To some degree, I do not. I offer the data."[3] Fort suggested that teleportation might explain various allegedly paranormal phenomena, though, typically, it's sometimes difficult to tell if Fort took his own "theory" seriously, or instead used it to point out what he saw as the inadequacy of mainstream science to account for strange phenomena.

/urth_teleport tush222  VillageOfTheBanned

The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than you think.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates.
Nambi
Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »

It's your ping anything higher than 130-140 and your bound to get some Lag.
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

With unlagged you will see others moving smooth even when you have very high ping value, but stable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: