Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1124413 times)
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »

While waiting fpr the response, i will show my rough draft of the flag room.

Pretty good job !!  Grin Grin

What editor are you using ?

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

Reminds me a bit the map 'mkbase' ,not bad. Smiley
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »

Adriano, will you build a map for this mappack ?  Tongue Grin

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »

Jep.
It will be the 4th part of my proto series, starting with a pure space map (god_space) and then every step will lead to a much closer map (god_speed, god_evil (to be released when its done... Grin ) and god_base ofc).

@Akom: i use the GtkRadiant 1.5.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

Adriano, will you build a map for this mappack ?  Tongue Grin
Thanks, but don't count with me right now(time reasons)... maybe it will be last-minute before easter,if not, then for the future as singular map... you'll hear from me. Wink
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:52:57 PM by adriano » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »

@Peter Silie: Don't know why, but i figured it's blender or something else  Tongue Cheesy

@Adriano: I hope you will find a little time to make a map for this package, you are a good mapper Cheesy ....maybe a CTF map ? Tongue Tongue Tongue

Anyway, the map i'm doing was named "Egyptian Trouble" and a brush at time i'm doing it Tongue but the question is: in this map i will put a custom music compiled time ago from my friend and i do not have nothing about this file about any copyright stuff, can i use it ? He gives me this music for my old project but i never used it.
Tell me.

Wink

P.S.: sorry for my terrible English, but i'm a alcoholic Italian Tongue Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »

If you don't have any indication about the copyright status of something, you have to consider it as copyrighted. The fact he gave it to you for another project does not automatically mean that you have the right to use it in different projects or to re-license it. You should try to contact him and ask him if he wants to release the work under PD or under GPLv2.

And I can guess that, unless that music was recorded all at once (with real people playing real instruments at the same time), they should exist some "sources", that should be included (and should be under PD or GPL, too... e.g. if it includes a "light saber" sound sampled from StarWars stuff, it cannot be used).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:23:03 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »

If you don't have any indication about the copyright status of something, you have to consider it as copyrighted. The fact he gave it to you for another project does not automatically mean that you have the right to use it in other projects or to re-license it. You should try to contact him and ask him if he wants to release the work under PD or under GPLv2.

And I can guess that, unless that music was recorded all at once (with real people playing real instruments at the same time), they should exist some "sources", that should be included (and should be under PD or GPL, too... e.g. if it includes a "light saber" sound sampled from StarWars stuff, it cannot be used).

Men, this GPL stuff it's killing me.....XD.....
Ok, nevermind Tongue

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »

We definitely need a page about GPL in the wiki. -.-

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »

I'm hoping to have my maps for this pack being released for testing in February 1st. There's a lot of things I'm doing, and I've been slowing down a bit in this regard.

EDIT: Akom, Peter, Moixie, read your personal messages.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:45:38 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2013, 02:33:48 AM »

Hey Akom, did you check that all the textures/scripts from Evil Lair you used are exactly the same files that are in the GPL'd package Neon_Knight posted?

@Fromhell... we are waiting for your opinions about the stuff in those three packages... if that can be used in OA or not.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
G One
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:43 AM »

We definitely need a page about GPL in the wiki. -.-

I agree.

A wiki about free (as in free speech) games: https://libregamewiki.org/
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2013, 11:20:32 AM »

Hey Akom, did you check that all the textures/scripts from Evil Lair you used are exactly the same files that are in the GPL'd package Neon_Knight posted?

The textures are ok, but a couple of scripts are wrong........ Sad .....

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »

The textures are ok, but a couple of scripts are wrong........ Sad .....
If needed, you may ask Udi if he can help you reproducing the same effect of those scripts, without infringing their copyright.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »

Hi to all  Grin

I have made my own textures (with effects) for powerup_spawn/jump/weapon_spawn.

Here is the screenshot:

I will modify the oa_akomdm2 soon and give it to you to test it......

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »

Hi to all  Grin

I have made my own textures (with effects) for powerup_spawn/jump/weapon_spawn.

Here is the screenshot:

I will modify the oa_akomdm2 soon and give it to you to test it......

Wink
Looks pretty cool. One question, though: are they animated or just static decals?

Adriano, will you build a map for this mappack ?  Tongue Grin
Thanks, but don't count with me right now(time reasons)... maybe it will be last-minute before easter,if not, then for the future as singular map... you'll hear from me. Wink
Maybe as tester? We need people who can test our maps as well.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »

The circle rotate and the bumper (jumper) blink as a normal jumper.

Soon i give you (all) the fixed versione of the map......stay tuned.... Tongue

P.S.: No one have tested the maps yet ?? We need to be ready for easter.

Wink

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2013, 10:16:08 AM »

Sorry for the double post Tongue

There is the updated version totally GPLv2 textures free !! Cheesy

Download Link:
Code:
https://www.box.com/s/jur19slylgpa4kffchjh

This time it is all right ? Tell me.
Wink

EDIT: Meanwhile i'm continuing with the third map Tongue

Grin Grin
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:17:08 PM by Akom74 » Logged

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2013, 05:32:20 AM »

Edit: Wrong thread.

Meanwhile, in a another thread.

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2013, 05:38:30 AM »

I guess I can spice things up a bit in the mapping front, as well as get motivation to some people. Tongue

Restrictions: (Everything else is allowed)
  • GPLv2 compliance. You know, sources and license file. Especially for third-party assets.
    • Assets should be GPLv2-compliant. This is, Public Domain stuff and already GPL/GPLv2 stuff is allowed. Stuff made from scratch is allowed as well, as long as you provide the sources. Everything else (CC, copyrighted stuff -!-) is disallowed.
  • Reasonable filesize.
  • The map should work 100% into a vanilla OA folder. This means: no other requirements such as a compatibility texture package.
The release date is going to be in Easter 2013. First beta will take place February 15th.

Choose the style you want, the layout you want, etc. If there's enough people, we can start the work.

Who's interested?

EDIT: List of participants: (Most recent alphas/betas to be tested are linked)
  • Akom74 (The Crypt -FFA-; Danger Arena -FFA-)
  • Peter Silie (Fight -CTF-)
  • Neon_Knight (High Voltage -FFA-; Bioxide -CTF-; Underground Temple -FFA-)
  • Moixie (Mx1mn2 -FFA-; Mx1Ctf8 -CTF-)
EDIT 2: Resources

I'm in, 50% sure of that. It depends entirely on how busy I am with other projects.

Would it to taboo for me to discuss a flowchart of who does what in this project?

Not to be so full of myself, but I'm damn amazing at the editor, and I've found that the end result can be great if I have somebody alongside me to give me tips like "This should be adjusted, this shouldn't be here, you definitely shouldn't have put that armor there, etc. The general layout is what I do, but I require lots of feedback to "perfect" the map.

Also, is it safe to assume we're doing CTF? I want to challenge myself by doing a non-mirrored CTF map. I hope I can help out. It's been a looong time since I've done any work that hasn't been solo. It's far more effective to bounce ideas off each other.

Let me know any details; the more you bug me, the more likely I am to participate. That's party due to memory loss, heh.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »

Welcome aboard PsYthe  Grin Grin

Your idea of non-mirrored CTF map remind me some Unreal Tournament CTF maps. Great idea !

Warning only at the GPLv2 rules with copyrighted material.
For other things wait for Neon_Knight or FromHell. For tester i suggest Gig, as more knower of the GPLv2 stuff and he is very precise.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »

The flowchart is simple: we do what we know how to do. Tongue
Also, for testers it seems that we have to rely on each other mapper, unless I can find someone else to do the testing stuff. :/
We're doing both CTF and FFA, mapper decides which gametypes they choose to support. (Though I'd want CTF maps to also have support for 1FCTF, Harvester, Overload, eCTF, CTF, Elimination and DD as well. Shouldn't be much work in this regard.)

And your questions don't bother a single bit. Wink

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

@Adriano: I hope you will find a little time to make a map for this package, you are a good mapper Cheesy ....maybe a CTF map ? Tongue Tongue Tongue
I think moreover about FFA. And thx about compliment but I think I did/ I'm doing still some bad mistakes punched and I need to learn much map-techniques.

About the new map...
Wink

1.)

I think you wanted to add there (and the same on other side) the texture which is on the left of it ?

2.)
Basically the map is ok, but on top of the map it seems a bit too open (too much open space) +

3.)
combined with 2 lightning guns up there, it will be a mess there punched
(what about plasma?)
-> So maybe make some seperation (Idk how, you've to invent something) on the upper platform or shrink it a bit

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:50:06 AM by adriano » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2013, 01:13:42 PM »

I think moreover about FFA. And thx about compliment but I think I did/ I'm doing still some bad mistakes punched and I need to learn much map-techniques.

LOL !!  Cheesy  you never finish to learn about mapping, i find every time something new Tongue Tongue

About the new map...
Wink

Quote from: adriano
1.)

I think you wanted to add there (and the same on other side) the texture which is on the left of it ?

Yes, it's a mistake but i think it's a marginal error, maybe i recompile the map after the release, or in case of big mistake found from players.

2.)
Basically the map is ok, but on top of the map it seems a bit too open (too much open space) +

Err, it's too high, but no much. When you jump from the bumper sometimes you can use rocket to jump very high, but in a future release the sky will be shorted.

3.)
combined with 2 lightning guns up there, it will be a mess there punched
(what about plasma?)
-> So maybe make some seperation (Idk how, you've to invent something) on the upper platform or shrink it a bit

No no, it have to be a massacre !!!! It's a Danger Arena !! Cheesy Tongue Tongue

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »

2.)
Err, it's too high, but no much. When you jump from the bumper sometimes you can use rocket to jump very high, but in a future release the sky will be shorted.
I knew I should rewrite that piece of text (I wrote not correctly) punched... I meant that the upper platform seems a little bit too large, because there are not much 'obstacles' there to hide (e.g.).
But I just saw the map again and I think it is also OK if you leave it like that (without changes). =D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: