Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1130901 times)
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

Sorry, Gig.
I missed the point that u have asked for q3radiant.
I use gtk...

Thx for the quick look.
I hadnt included the textures, but if you have the god-pak, u should be able to fix it.
Scrpts are also needed or just wait some hours Wink

The 2 other probs will be fixed soon Smiley

[Edit]
I fixed all 3 issues, but i think that the map is toooo large.
So i will make a smaller redo from scratch.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:35:32 PM by Peter Silie » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »

@Peter
I don't have the GOD-pack, and I don't know its license, anyway remember that OACMP will have to work on "clean" OpenArena 0.8.8 installation, and everything in it has to be fully GPLv2 ((DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OpenArena_Community_Mappack).
You may even release two versions of the map with different sizes, to fit different tastes... but maybe that would be too much!  Cheesy

@All
Excuse me, can you tell me what's the correct (or best) way to align a circular "pillar" to the ground?
Take a look to the attached screenshot. I created some "colums" by creating a standard brush first, then I used "curve"->"cylinder" to make it circular, and then I used "curve" ->"cap"->"normal" to "close" it. But now, what's the correct way to align it to the ground? Removing the lower cap? Aligning the cylinder to the ground, "burying" a little the cap in the ground? Aligning the cap to the ground? I suppose it's the third, but I prefer to ask you.

Well, I'm tring to use my little q3radiant knowledge to make a map... if you would like it, it may be included in the pack. But it's still at an alpha stage... I can't yet say if the final result will be okay or not...  Smiley
It's not the "test1" map I mentioned in a previous post, it's a new one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:08:50 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2013, 05:02:25 AM »

Well... travel was frustrated (-.-) and I didn't got to finish my map in time, so first beta will be packed with 8 maps.

If you don't mind or don't have another update of your maps, I'll upload it now, so tomorrow it can be available.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:53:56 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »

Gig, as long as the cylinder is side by side to the ground it is ok.
Do not move the cylinder inside the floor.

And for the licence: all my work is released under gpl2 or later - including textures, scripts and so on.
I already commited some maps to the svn thread, so the GoD-Pak is GPLed for sure Smiley
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2013, 11:26:49 AM »

Well... travel was frustrated (-.-) and I didn't got to finish my map in time, so first beta will be packed with 8 maps.

If you don't mind or don't have another update of your maps, I'll upload it now, so tomorrow it can be available.

Wait !!! I have to give you the updated version of oa_akomdm4 and a beta of oa_akomdm5

Can you wait ? If not, no problem, the other maps and the updates will be released in the final version  Tongue Grin

Wink

EDIT: in the attachment you will find the latest versione of os_akomdm4 (the PK3 is in the zip file)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:48:49 PM by Akom74 » Logged

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »

Jan has also to give me a third map of his, a CTF map, so they'll enter as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:39:24 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

Akom, change the font of the files textures/akom74/gig's_nightmare_x.tga and textures/akom74/fragbastard.tga. They use a non-GPL font which is in turn based on a font with copyrighted characters.

For suggestions of GPL'd fonts, I'm doing some research on that. Perhaps a good site to start might be fonts2u.com?
[fromhell alert]

jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »

I would love to improve this, but for now here it goes:

http://jan.groothuijse.net/img/oajgctf1alpha.pk3

Known issues: spawnpoints at the start of the game, has no levelshot...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »

If the .map is there, I can take care of it. (That's why this is a GPLv2 pack)

Anyone else to submit stuff before 00:00 (GMT -03:00 [Buenos Aires, Georgetown])?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »

OK, starting the packaging.

8:00 AM (GMT -03:00 [Buenos Aires, Georgetown]) the beta will be posted.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »

Beta with 9 maps: (Pack should weigh 39 MB or 39.991 KB)
- oa_akomdm1, by Akom74
- oa_akomdm2, by Akom74
- oa_akomdm3, by Akom74
- oa_akomdm4, by Akom74
- mx1ctf8_t1, by Moixie
- mx1dm5, by Moixie
- oajgctf1, by jangroothuijse
- oajgdm1, by jangroothuijse
- oajgdm2, by jangroothuijse

9 maps by 3 authors, with at least five more maps (four of them from other two authors) for the following beta. For the first volume, this is pretty cool!

So far, the only things are the following:
- Akom, read this post: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4679.msg46280#msg46280. I'll skip this for this beta, but not for the next or the final package.
- Jan, I took care of the problems you've mentioned in your CTF map, I've also added support for the other CTF-based modes (One Flag CTF, Harvester, Overload) as well. Moixie, I've also added this kind of support for your CTF map as well. Hope both of you don't mind.

jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2013, 05:38:14 AM »

Thanks, looks very good. During my test runs i did not notice any big errors or missing stuff, so thats good!

@Testers, this pack includes a slightly newer version of oajgdm1 than i've posted in this thread (small layout and textures changes).
jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »

Perhaps a link to the mappack file could be on the wiki page?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2013, 07:01:33 AM »

I've added it to the first post. Betas are going to be limited to the thread. Otherwise servers might serve beta versions once the final version has been released.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2013, 07:09:02 AM »

Good news from my side: i already finished the new flag room of the smaller version.
I hope to be in time for the next beta!
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2013, 07:11:38 AM »

Akom, change the font of the files textures/akom74/gig's_nightmare_x.tga and textures/akom74/fragbastard.tga. They use a non-GPL font which is in turn based on a font with copyrighted characters.

For suggestions of GPL'd fonts, I'm doing some research on that. Perhaps a good site to start might be fonts2u.com?
[fromhell alert]

Done ! I've changed both with "arial" font  Grin

@Moixie: In your CTF map you have placed the flag pole in the wrong way Tongue Tongue

Wink
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:52:55 PM by Akom74 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »

That's my fault actually. -.- I've added support for 1FCTF/Harvester/Overload to that map and jan's map, and those bases come from the required models for those modes.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2013, 07:31:11 AM »

That's my fault actually. -.- I've added support for 1FCTF/Harvester/Overload to that map and jan's map, and those bases come from the required models for those modes.

....XD.... Oops !  Grin

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2013, 07:38:01 AM »

BTW, what about one of these fonts instead of Arial?

http://openfontlibrary.org/en/search?license=GNU%20General%20Public%20License
http://openfontlibrary.org/en/search?license=GNU%20Lesser%20General%20Public%20License
http://openfontlibrary.org/en/search?license=Public%20Domain%20%28not%20a%20license%29

These fonts can be used in GPL stuff without having to worry for license issues.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2013, 09:16:14 AM »

Beta with 9 maps: (Pack should weigh 39 MB or 39.991 KB)
Your server marks .pk3 files as a plain text instead of zip, so it shows up as text in a browser, instead of downloading it to disk. Maybe you could make a plain .zip archive, with .pk3 file inside, and sources in separate directory?

oa_akomdm1: I think it's ready for release, I have minor complaints about lower part of the map being boring, but you can ignore that - I think it's inevitable for a big map like that.
oa_akomdm2: it's too dark even on my PC, and has no sky texture, otherwise it's a good map. I've tried to add a global light to it, here's .map file, here's .pk3 file, although bots cannot spawn on it, probably because of badly compiled .bsp file.
oa_akomdm3: the best map ever, ready for release.
oa_akomdm4: no flaws, ready for release.
mx1ctf8_t1: nice small map, very easy to learn, I did not notice any flaws, aside from few misplaced textures.
mx1dm5: it's too overpowered with weapons to my taste, I would remove the rocket launcher at all, and replace it with shotgun, or put just one rocket launcher instead of quad damage (maybe it's because bots killed me too much). Also, there is a spawnpoint at the upper part of the map which makes you spawn faced outwards, so if you spawn and run ahead, you fall and die. Also, the fancy lower teleporter+jumppad combo did not work for me, I've collected health and jumped upwards, then fell down through the hole and died, because the door did not close in time. I would rather make those jumppads just launch you to the upper platform, and remove that door at the floor.
oajgctf1: good large map, and I like that there's no railgun - it makes your basic chaingun a weapon of choice for sniping down enemy flag carrier, and there's no easy escape route, so you have to plan your attacks. Although if both flags were taken, it could become a stalemate. I did not notice any bugs, I think it's ready for release.
oajgdm1: I see you've added another megahealth and fixed the slopes, I have no other complaints about this map, I think it's ready for release.
oajgdm2: come on, fix the teleport texture. This is my only complaint.

Warning - while you were typing 7 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh no Smiley
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »

You mean that the SIL Open Font License is equal to GPLv2 License ?
Ok, i think i use some of this.  Grin

@Pelya: oa_akomdm2 (Danger Arena) have a night sky, no textures. It has to be dark, but if you want you can modify the brightness from the game settings.
Append your files as attachment to your posts, i dont have a google account  Embarrassed

Wink

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »

@Pelya: oa_akomdm2 (Danger Arena) have a night sky, no textures. It has to be dark, but if you want you can modify the brightness from the game settings.
Append your files as attachment to your posts, i dont have a google account  Embarrassed
Well, if that's your idea for it to be dark, I won't complain about it anymore. I've attached my version.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »

Append your files as attachment to your posts, i dont have a google account  Embarrassed
Well, if that's your idea for it to be dark, I won't complain about it anymore. I've attached my version.

@Pelya don't be angry  Grin Grin I've see what you mean and i will modify the map  Grin
.....stay tuned....

Wink
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:54:14 PM by Akom74 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »

That's cool!
Which fonts have you used?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »

That's cool!
Which fonts have you used?

I've used the Verdana Font original from WinXP. I hope is right  Grin

Wink

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62
  Print