Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chaosarena mod  (Read 12339 times)
Jakash3
I EDITED ALL MY POSTS OUT LOL!!! TAKE THAT, INTERNET FORUM!!
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

SELF-IMPOSED CENSORSHIP FTW!

« on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:12:36 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

BY THE WAY I GAVE UP ON OPENARENA
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

Hi Jak! Does this mean that you stopped Calypso mod development (I hoped for a next or final version of it that would have removed the potential privacy issue of having the "whois" command availabe whithin a game, although I have to admit I don't even know if that is a serverside or clientside command), and started a new one from scratch, for having a more "clear" code, although sharing some features?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:03:56 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:12:40 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »

I smell (?) an incoming wiki page on the OA Wiki for the mod... Tongue

Has Chaosarena something to do with the Chaos mods for Quake and Unreal? As if, it took some inspiration and stuff like that.

Also, have you kept the TA weapons as well? Nailgun, Chaingun, Prox. With those three new weapons, there's a lot to play. And I suppose your mod can support maps designed specifically for CA, is it true?

And last, but not least, do you plan to update release versions into ther sites, such as ModDB? It would be a good idea to do that.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »

@Neon, I don't know about the wiki page, for the moment. I will not have much time for a while.
Of course, I already think about creating it when I will have some time. Someone else may do it before.  Wink

I don't remember exactly the Chaos mod (I don't even remember if I ever played it at all! Do you have some link?), but I have the impression this one has nothing to share with previous mods other than Calypso... probably the "Chaos" word is just a coincidence. However, Jakash will tell.  Smiley

PS: It is however a shame that privacy issue in Calypso will never be fixed...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:12:59 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »

Bump! The link isn't working anymore, whereas Calypso does. Should we have to compile the mod from the source?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 06:48:11 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:13:03 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »

Yeah, it now works.

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »

The link appears to work. Maybe the site was temporarily down.
You might want to try hosting downloads via GitHub releases (as long as they stick around anyways).

This space is for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: