Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer Garden Player Rankings  (Read 38155 times)
Redshirt
Darwin Award: Posting warez on Free Software forums while also running a certain very license-and-copyright infringing "GPL" game.
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 07, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »

Player rankings on the beer garden server are updated every night.

Check em out here:
http://70.84.61.148/AEstats.html

Updated at midnight for the last 24 hours every day.

tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:40:35 PM »

hey red, logan wants u to take void4 off the rotation. I think you should keep it on and add platforms Cheesy

oh, and take two bots off too plz Smiley
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »

Oh cool, so redshirt runs it. Great server man! I think void is alright, it gets pretty fun. The one that I absolutely HATE is that one with the lava in the middle, it's so boring and pointless, but hey if people like it, you should keep whatever map in question.
Redshirt
Darwin Award: Posting warez on Free Software forums while also running a certain very license-and-copyright infringing "GPL" game.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »

bleh void -- Most maps where I spend most of my time losing points by falling tend to annoy me.  Void isnt terrible.. but I have to be in the right mood for it.

I like the lava one, seems really easy to make a lot of points really fast...

I'd like to add a few new maps to the rotation.. but no one seems to have their downloads turned on..

Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 07:37:24 PM »

I do! More maps more maps! Cheesy

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Ryan450
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »

If I was you red I'd toss out the current map rotation and get some maps that are constructed well. Most of the maps that come bundled with the game are way too cramped, items arent set to the right hieight, little bugs everywhere.

your server actually has a good ping for me, but I stay off of it because of a very poor map rotation. There are plenty of Q3 maps that use custom textures, get some redirection for server and put in some of those, chances are you'll get a lot more people coming into server to play regularly.
DeathByGuitar
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

how the hell do you get your stats tracked? do you have to play long enough and beat a bunch of people and then you're automatically on the list? do you register somewhere?
Redshirt
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »

how the hell do you get your stats tracked? do you have to play long enough and beat a bunch of people and then you're automatically on the list? do you register somewhere?

The stats program simply parses the logfile each night.

The methodoligy of the rankings using AEStats is here:
http://70.84.61.148/AEstatsFAQ.html

Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »

Meh, yesterday I played a while and mostly owned, but I can't find my name (Blank) anywhere there, I'm looking at the 'Best Of' page, is that the one to look at for player rankings? How much do I have to play to show up, I'll keep playing Cheesy
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »

Hey, I'd just like to say that I really love your server Red. The server is constantly filled with more balanced players that are either about my skill or higher. It gives me a challenge to fight for the top...unlike most servers that are filled with triggerhappy people who don't exactly know the direction to shoot. Anyhow, expect me to be a regular at your server!

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 07:31:11 AM »

If I was you red I'd toss out the current map rotation and get some maps that are constructed well. Most of the maps that come bundled with the game are way too cramped, items arent set to the right hieight, little bugs everywhere.

your server actually has a good ping for me, but I stay off of it because of a very poor map rotation. There are plenty of Q3 maps that use custom textures, get some redirection for server and put in some of those, chances are you'll get a lot more people coming into server to play regularly.

I wonder if Red will actually consider this?

*Logan*

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 09:45:15 PM »

Ever thought about installing an editor and fixing those little bugs?

Redshirt
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 01:20:10 AM »

Here are some maps that are votable:

http://maps.game-host.org/baseoa/

This will proly grow as I have time to check em out.

Oh.. And turn on your downloads Smiley

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 07:55:07 PM »

Here are some maps that are votable:

http://maps.game-host.org/baseoa/

This will proly grow as I have time to check em out.

Oh.. And turn on your downloads Smiley

Am I supposed to unzip these files or do I just rename them to PK3 files in order to use them?

*Logan*

Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44:13 PM »

They seem to already be pk3 files...
Redshirt
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »

they are pk3 files.. your browser is trying to rename em to .zip.. so just rename them back to pk3

I'm pretty tight on time right now.. But I'll be adding more when I have time.

tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »

if you use safari Tongue it reads the header and you have to rename the .zip to .pk3
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 02:54:37 PM »

ya my browser WAS renaming them to zip files. I took the zip away and it's all good. Now I know what's inside PK3 files. :p

*Logan*

alister
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »

Yes, thank you for the server, RS! I can do without Void but please try to put some new maps in rotation like perhaps Dade again..? Those stats are scary and crazy precise.
Redshirt
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »

Theres a few maps in the rotation now... Not sure how fond of them I am yet... need to play them a bit more.

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:38 AM »

Theres a few maps in the rotation now... Not sure how fond of them I am yet... need to play them a bit more.

Haha even if you hate them leave them in because new map starved folk like myself are happy to hear that. :p

*Logan*

VeGa
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »

Hi there,

I have been playin OpenArena at your server lately, always a good time.  I noticed some new maps in the rotation at this server both seem fun, but I have weird texture artifacts in both.  In one, every light source has a black volume comming out of it, and in the other, some water and jumppad textures are missing. Do I need extra files for these maps? or are they just betas? or what?

VeGa
Redshirt
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 05:16:13 PM »

These are from the maps that work with oa page on the wiki... Since these are quake 3 maps, the stuff missing is likely stuff from one of the original q3 pak files.  I'm sure as work progresses on oa there will be less and less of this stuff showing through.

VeGa
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 08:21:52 AM »

Ok cool, i was thinking that they were just incomplete but didn't know if it was something in my setttings, thanks man!

VeGa
DeathByGuitar
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 09:35:42 AM »

i like these new maps. any chance that these maps can make it into the next release, or are they gonna be only in the beer garden server?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: