Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probably just me...  (Read 5980 times)
CGB01
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:48 PM »

Wanted to have a clean install of both Open Arena and NetRadiant in order to only use resources (textures/shaders) that are currently available in OA, so I re-installed eveything from scratch in a new directory.  Had to clean up previous installs and config files but with the help of Neon_Knight that was taken care of this morning.

I grabbed OA_DM5.map from the SVN (source/assets/maps) and loaded it.  There's a bunch of textures files missing from my clean install.  Here's the list from the console log of NetRadiant (I removed everything that was loaded correctly);

Texture load failed: "textures/common/full_clip"
Texture load failed: "textures/common/nodrawnonsolid"
Texture load failed: "textures/common/areaportal"
Texture load failed: "textures/common/antiportal"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/lighammo"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/rockammo"
Texture load failed: "yellowArmor"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/shotammo"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/railammo"
Texture load failed: "quadDamage"
Texture load failed: "models/weapons2/railgun/energy"
Texture load failed: "models/weapons2/railgun/glass"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/machammo"
Texture load failed: "models/powerups/ammo/grenammo"
Texture load failed: "mediumCross"
Texture load failed: "megaCross"

map load timer:  0.77 second(s) elapsed
--- LoadMapFile ---
C:/True Names/openarena-0.8.8/baseoa/maps/oa_dm5.map
1028 primitive
203 entities

I've looked in the SVN and they are not there either (or I don't know where to find them).

Where can I find these?

Thanks,
-Claude.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »

Those are not real textures (jpeg or tga), they are defined in shader files.

That means that NetRadiant has not read the OpenArena shader files, so I guess your NetRadiant is not properly configured for OpenArena right now -- though I don't remember how to fix that.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »

This error appear even to me in Q3Radiant with Fullclip and other textures, nevermind and go on.
In the game all work well anyway Tongue

P.S.: For sure, reinstall everithing watching better to the textures directory, and where the editor serach for them.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:25:40 AM »

I also have the problem that my NetRadiant (I downloaded the package already configured for OA) does not show some textures (e.g. the portable medkit... I said that some weeks ago, but had no clear answers about that). Maybe shaderlist.txt needs some tweak?

Although I only briefly used NetRadiant to add the TA and OA-specific items (then returned to Q3Radiant -under Q3- to continue mapping), I'm still curious to know what's the reason for that.

At least with Q3radiant, some properties of shaders do not work if the shader file is not in your shaderlist.txt (e.g. I made a transparent shader, and in the game it looked correctly animated and transparent, but it was not effectively incorporeal before I also placed it in shaderlist.txt). I don't know if this applies to NetRadiant, too.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: