Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: g_Alloc  (Read 29092 times)
unkn0wn
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »

Although original Q3A has not game_restart, you can launch a mod from the Mods menu or from os command line (quake3.exe +set fs_game <modfolder>). Of course this cannot fix the qvm format issue.

A thing I suppose you may try is to download and install the ioquake3 package, and then try if jackash's tweak "mod" works there.

I already tried this, it gives me an error. Can you give me the link to this ''jackash's tweak "mod"

Thank you.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 03:32:02 AM »

Just a few posts above this one:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4748.msg46796#msg46796
The one you said you managed to have working with OA.
Considering OA is probably using the same QVM format as ioquake3, I can guess OA gamecode may somehow work within ioquake3 (meant as q3a+ioquake engine... that you download from ioquake3 site), as a mod.

It's just a theory, I never tried that. And anyway some oa features would have problems (e.g. no model for Double Domination points in q3a!).

Or Jackash could recompile the patch with the switches to make the qvm format compatible with the original q3a... some problems due to missing oa stuff in q3 may appear anyway.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
I EDITED ALL MY POSTS OUT LOL!!! TAKE THAT, INTERNET FORUM!!
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

SELF-IMPOSED CENSORSHIP FTW!

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:06:28 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

BY THE WAY I GAVE UP ON OPENARENA
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »

OA's QVMs are compatible with ioquake3's VM_MAGIC_VER2 format, as I've already explained. You should be able to run OA as a mod in ioquake3, World of Padman and other ioquake3 forks that did not change the inner workings of the ioq3 engine.
You can compile OA as an id-Quake3-compatible QVM. You could also compile Quake 3 or Q3:TA with ioq3's q3asm, but there's not much sense in doing so.

I am too lazy right now to test this, but if you download the Q3 source code and compile its missionpack (using its q3asm) you should get a QVM which can be used in either Quake 3 or ioquake3.

This space is for rent.
Jakash3
I EDITED ALL MY POSTS OUT LOL!!! TAKE THAT, INTERNET FORUM!!
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

SELF-IMPOSED CENSORSHIP FTW!

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:06:37 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

BY THE WAY I GAVE UP ON OPENARENA
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: