Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 24496 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »

I tried (after devmap) to enable cg_drawbbox in few mods that I thought had Unlagged technology. In CorkScrew and Alternate Fire, the variable seems to do not exist. In Unlagged-RR, instead, it does exist, but it strangely seems to have no effect. Maybe when they ported Unlagged technology to their mods, they took only the "core" part of it, and did not import such "extra" feature?

I've found a download for the Unlagged mod: here there is version 2.01.
Install it, load a map with devmap and set cg_drawbbox 1. Enjoy hitboxes!  Smiley

Does that help with your tests to check if a player has got a base of 30x30 or 32x32?
I'd suggest to create a test map with three passages, wide 32, 31 and 30 units respectively (a single corridor made with sections becoming more and more narrow maybe?)... then try to pass through them and see what happens. Then, check if bots pass through them, too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:40:49 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
CGB01
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »

Excellent idea Gig, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »

Excellent idea Gig, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

By the way, one might try also starting from something wider (33-34) to reach something even more narrow (29-28), just to leave any dubt out.

About that cg_drawbbox feture of Unlagged, of course one may use it with cg_firstperson 1 to see his own bounding box...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:56:47 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: