Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blake Stone Planet Strike source code GPL'd  (Read 9032 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: July 08, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »

Yay!

By the way, FYI, etc... it is a 1994 DOS first person shooter with tile-based maps based on the Wolf3D engine, tweaked with lighting lookup tables, textured ceiling and floors, and a bunch of neat gameplay features for the time (vending machines, interrogable scientists (for a chance of healthpack and ammo), etc.  

of course, unsurprisingly, like Engoo, it's regarded as pointless as usual from the FOSS gaming gods.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:25:23 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
ZedSlayer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »

(or what’s left of it)
I wonder what parts are missing, and if the wolf 3d source can fill in those gaps?
zeroth
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:37:17 PM »

Extra-Mega-Bonus Yay!!!

Now, everyone I know with a 386 can have a chance to make their own own mods for a classic.
Oh, wait, they might have to upgrade to a 486!? And a 1/2/4/8 meg video card!!!

The preceding has been brought to you by "SARCASM CENTRAL".

That which kills me, only makes me try harder.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »

Hearing something went free is nice news anyway...
Example: some programming scholar may write a thesis about games a.i. or engine evolution, comparing the differences from Wolf3D to Doom and later games, passing through this game, that AFAIK contained quite enough advanced "logic" stuff for the time.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:49 AM »

Is it me or the FOSS community are getting the same vices and attitudes as the "PC MASTAH RACE" gaming community regarding graphics and tech stuff in general?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »

"PC MASTAH RACE"
LOL!
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-glorious-pc-gaming-master-race
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PC%20Master%20Race

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »

If they're the gods of FOSS, then it's time to become FOSS atheists. (?)

Cheesy

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: