Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Master server connection problems  (Read 7391 times)
Bigalo60
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 05, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »

My brother is using windows and it connects just fine. but as for me im using linux and cant seem to figure out why i cant  connect. does master server only accept windows? Huh
Bigalo60
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »

i would be really greatfull if some one could help me out. Cheesy
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »

I've played a lot with both Windows (used XP) and Linux (mainly Ubuntu), so I doubt it's a problem with the master server (or the game, for that matter), but rather a problem with the config of your network/hardware/sotware.

Main questions are:
- which version of OA do you use? 0.8.8?
- which OSes are you specifically using? Windows XP? Ubuntu Linux?
- hardware? what are you using to connect to internet? are the net configs right?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:46:30 AM »

You may have a firewall problem, maybe.

You may also take a look here: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer

Another thing: did you download the game from official OA site, or did you use some Linux repository? Sometimes, Linux repositories have slightly different versions...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Bigalo60
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

I am using 0.8.8 and i did download the game from the oficial site and im using linux mint 14. annd im try that link now.
Bigalo60
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »

AHH HA!!! i got it figured out thanks for the help i really appreciate it!!  Grin
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 02:01:52 AM »

What was the problem, then?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: