Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA Weapons spreadsheet  (Read 12404 times)
Jakash3
I EDITED ALL MY POSTS OUT LOL!!! TAKE THAT, INTERNET FORUM!!
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

SELF-IMPOSED CENSORSHIP FTW!

« on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:10:22 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

BY THE WAY I GAVE UP ON OPENARENA
matija123
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:04 AM »

Nice one !   Afro

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »

Thank you Jakash, that's nice.
Can I ask you if you are sure they are really the correct values from OA 0.8.8 baseoa, checked from OAX sources?
I can remember that for your Kalypso mod you used various values from Quake Live instead of from OA, and some of them are different between the two games.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:55:16 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:10:38 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »

Perfect, then. I (or someone else, maybe neon knight) will upload the image to the wiki, too (or may re-create as a table there... what's better?), in the next week. Are you ok for releasing that image under gplv2, right?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »

A table is editable (lol, rhyme), though OA has as an objective not to interfere with Q3's gameplay. I suppose the image is OK. Or, at least, a non-modifyable table (lol, rhyme again Tongue).

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:10:45 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

Okay, I've added the table to the wiki here: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons#Weapons_comparison_table

For more flexibility, instead of uploading the image, I inserted it as a wiki table (with a little help from excel2wiki online conversion tool). I also added some notes about machinegun exceptions, and added colums for "ammo box" and "weapon number" (ammo in boxes checked directly in a map, weapon number taken from previous statements in the page). I've renamed "damage" column to "direct hit damage per pellet", "splash damage" to "max splash damage" and "bullets/projectiles shot" to "pellets shot"... is this correct?

Theoretically, I might make the table "read-only" by moving it to a template, and then protecting the template page to allow Wikia registered users only (or even OA wiki administrators only) to edit it. I don't know if that would be a problem for the "ref" note, but probably not. Do you think I should do it? Maybe also just moving the table to a template might prevent occasional visitors (not used to edit wiki sites) from modifying it, due to the edit being less intuitive? Or maybe just keeping an eye on wiki edits would be enough, without moving anything?

PS: In the table, I noticed that the prox mines do only have "splash" damage, but not "direct" damage: does this mean that the environment suit also gives complete protection against proximity mines damage?

Jakash, do you think you may be able to determine a "maximum range" column? If it's too hard or too useless, don't worry.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:02:30 AM by Gig » Logged

Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:10:50 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »

Thanks.
And what's about prox mines special cases? I mean "you have been mined" (mine attached to a character) and the "juiced effect" (a single mine thrown into invulnerability force field kills who's in)? Are those considered normal, splash or other kinds of damage? And how much?

Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:10:55 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 02:51:21 AM »

Interesting. Thank you! Smiley
I suppose the juiced effect is however an exception instead, considering that it kills the invulnerability user even if he has got a lot of health/armor.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 02:48:02 AM »

Still about Proximity mines... DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons#Prox_mine_launcher]here it is written that they cause up to 150 hp damage... is that an error?

Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 03:00:57 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:11:00 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »

Thank you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: