Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Ouya port  (Read 137607 times)
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

I think I've fixed that bug - text input field will ignore O button press if it happens 300 ms or earlier after last keypress. I cannot really test it on emulator.
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2013, 02:04:18 PM »

I'm at a football game right now, I'll test it asap when I get back and give you the word.

EDIT:

OK, the cursor shows up in the right place, and it no longer pulls up the keyboard again after entering text.  The only problem is it still only puts the first letter of whatever is typed in the username field.  Everything else is fine.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:08:28 AM by gamesboro » Logged
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »

I have no idea how to fix that, or at least reproduce on my device. Does it switch to another input field after you finished typing? Are you using O or A button to finish it?
BTW I've got my first game approved in Ouya store, it's very simple casual game, called Biniax2.
And still, I've got it rejected at the first time, because of the text input bug in the score table. So I guess, text input is unnecessary hard.
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »

I am using the "O" button to finish it, and I have "O" mapped to RETURN, and I have "A" mapped to ESCAPE.  I know what it is supposed to do, but it seems to only remember the first letter.  Its really strange.  I'll keep looking into it and see if I can figure something out, I'll give you the word if I get it to work.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »

I've added a small debug output to MenuField_Key() function, can you please install this version, type something in text input dialog, and copy here your logcat output? It should switch from the input field only when it got Tab, Escape, Up or Down, keycodes 9, 27, 132 and 133.
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »

Hey bro, the version you put for me to test actually works!  Now it is just a matter of figuring out why.

Pelya, can I get your latest AndroidAppSettings.cfg for Open Arena?  I just want to make sure everything, or at least the major things match.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:03:19 PM by gamesboro » Logged
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »

It's all in Git.
https://github.com/pelya/commandergenius/blob/sdl_android/project/jni/application/openarena/AndroidAppSettings.cfg
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »

Got it! Its working now. I'll have everything wrapped up by noon.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 05:54:16 AM »

Just make sure you updated all three repositories before compiling it, I've added a warning text to serverlist when connecting to  PC servers last week.
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »

Got the updates.

Below is the pak7-android.pk3 file for the servers to match.  The default.cfg file is different for the Ouya version. One or two of the binds have been commented out for controller compatibility.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cujq7ig2wesfw2b/pak7-android.pk3

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 05:15:17 AM »

I've updated both of my servers, and published new Android release to the Google Play. Let's hope it will get approved for Ouya store.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:22:36 AM by pelya » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

Hey! I don't have an OUYA, but I just found OpenArena OUYA Edition on OUYA games list!!!
https://www.ouya.tv/games/?show=all
Does this mean now OA is an official OUYA game?

PS: Isn't there a way to direct link (URL) an item of that list?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:09:49 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »

Congratulations Gamesboro, you have been promoted to unpaid customer support!

Could you please update dedicated server link in your description to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl-android/files/OpenArena/OpenArena-dedicated-server-0.8.8.23.tar.gz
The description points to http://www.gamesboro.net/openarena which supposed to contain source files, but there's nothing there. If you wish, I can upload Ouya-specific sources to my SF.net directory. There's a script createSourceArchive.sh inside SDL repository root, which will create a nice .tar.gz archive with sources, and remove all unnecessary stuff, like object files or sources of other games.
Also, developer website points to the same link, would be nicer to point it to your main site http://www.gamesboro.net/ because it has some pictures at least.
Also, I would like to know download stats in a week and in a month, they can be accessed here: https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/analytics
Biniax2 has 28 downloads in 12 days on Ouya store, but it has very low download count also on Google Play.

I would like to update OpenArena in a month or two, when OACMP1 will be released, so I will ask you to also update Ouya port.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:08:18 PM by pelya » Logged
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »

Ha ha, thanks Pelya.  Also, before we get into the next step of fixing bugs I want to give you my sincerest thanks.  That last rejection was crushing; I can safely say that I would not have been able to do this by myself.  Your code kung-fu is FAR superior to mine, and if you ever need anything just give me the word.

I will follow your lead with OpenArena, you make a change on the Android version and I'll follow suit.

Results from createSourceArchive.sh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5jti4uqzd5231g/OUYAOpenArena-0.8.8.02-src.tar.gz

Download stats are not a problem, I'll get them to you in a week and at the one month point.  Any other time you want to see them just give me the word.

I'll begin working on a dedicated android server tomorrow, as we talked about over email a couple of months ago.

I've changed the dedicated server link, and I'm in the process of putting together a legit OpenArena Ouya page at http://www.gamesboro.net/openarena, so that should be done shortly.  I've put just http://www.gamesboro.net for now.

Just tried Biniax2, fun little game.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:41 AM »

Gamesboro, maybe the OUYA store is worth a better icon.  Smiley Maybe you may start from this one (that has been used for "Zeus Arena" on Google Play.... while your port is more tied to Pelya's port, than to Zeus Arena. Well, I suppose you may apply some color filter.), or at least from anything using the current OA logo? (Attached to this post: oa_logo01.tga from pak6-patch085.pk3... you may start from this "plain" logo and heavily photoshop it... just an idea).

PS: Maybe you may also add some more screenshots... possibly a little less "dark", and without that strange red stuff that currently appears in the one showing the main menu. Maybe you may find something useful here: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?board=66.0

PPS: You may also mention a way for OUYA users to give you feedback about it.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:39:50 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »

You both might be interested in keeping with us regarding DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OA3]this... Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »

The only changes in OA3 that concern us are engine changes, and that includes only international text support (likely only in game chat) and ID system (we won't integrate Google+, because Gig is concerned about it, we will likely create our own account server from scratch, or maybe integrate IRC/Jabber/XMPP).
Actually, not 'we', but Sago007 Wink and I'm not the person to tell the development direction.
I wanted to do multilingual game chat some time ago, but got lazy, and then got busy with my job.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2013, 07:12:00 AM »

Another note to Gamesboro: the OUYA games list does not report "genres" for OA. I would suggest to add some. Bye!

PS: To Pelya: I had the impression you have got quite good also with changes in gamecode, at least at user interface level: Sago always said that modifying/adding options in the GUI was a pain, but I see in the Android version that you added many options to the GUI!
You may do some fixes that Sago never had the time to fix...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:40:53 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »

Yes, it is a pain, that's however the way it is with pretty much every GUI framework I've tried, maybe except HTML (but's it's a pain too for different reasons).
Also, there soon will be no physical space in the menu in OA Android build for all new settings. luckily I'm not planning to add much more (only over-shoulder camera).
gamesboro
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

Dedicated server is up and running.

That icon looks great, but it won't work for Ouya Discover.  It isn't the right size and it doesn't have the name of the game on it.  I have an artist who I will put on it and see if we can get something better put together for next release.

Pelya, now that it is out in the open I've been getting a lot of feedback.  All of it has been positive, but some bugs have been found (of course).  I'll put together a comprehensive TO DO list over the next couple of days and post it.  I want to make sure we have as much info as possible before we start trying to tackle these things.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

There's SVG source for both standard OA icon and for icon Neon_Knight linked to, so you can resize and reshape it whatever you like without losing quality.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »

I don't know which kind of icons are shown from OUYA interface, for installed apps and for those in the OUYA store.... however, those on the online gatalogue here https://www.ouya.tv/games/?show=all are almost more similar to "banners" than to icons.
My suggestion was to create a new image, with the size and shape required by Ouya store, including a "current" OA logo (just not the "thin" one), with some color filter, and some artistic color also applied to the "OpenArena OUYA EDITION" text. There is no need for the logo to take all the picture.

If you wish, I may try to do something in the next week... but I'm absolutely NOT as good as "Joshua" (you can find a few banners I did some years ago here: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Artwork#By_Gig, as an example. So you see my skills are limited.)... Maybe you may try to send a PM or email to Joshua, and ask him if he can do it for you...

PS: Attached, a screenshot from the ouya catalogue, showing current OA icon and the icons next to it...

PPS: That catalogue does not specify how games are requiring a payment (examples - demo version: pay for full version... freemium: play for free, but you'll have to perform in-app purchases to really advance in the game, etc.)... I suppose the description may explicitly say the full game is completely free of charge.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:59:14 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2013, 04:47:26 AM »

Icon size for Ouya is 732x412. But I think we'll get more serious problems than icon, since users started playing OA and reporting bugs.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »

Icon size for Ouya is 732x412. But I think we'll get more serious problems than icon, since users started playing OA and reporting bugs.
Well, I don't have an OUYA, so I cannot help in that way. Smiley

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2013, 07:15:20 AM »

The only changes in OA3 that concern us are engine changes, and that includes only international text support (likely only in game chat) and ID system (we won't integrate Google+, because Gig is concerned about it, we will likely create our own account server from scratch, or maybe integrate IRC/Jabber/XMPP).
Actually, not 'we', but Sago007 Wink and I'm not the person to tell the development direction.
I wanted to do multilingual game chat some time ago, but got lazy, and then got busy with my job.

OA3's menu is based on the Team Arena system (ui/, instead of q3_ui/) and supports fonts with more characters. Unfortunately singleplayer is sort of regressed in it right now (it never did the "Tier" campaign) and also unfortunately I still haven't uploaded a file of my rewrite since i'm a hardcore procrastinator Sad

Another plus of the menu is the scripts can be loaded externally without any sv_pure checks so one could customize the menu or hud for a platform or language while keeping compatibility. This is just IIRC though (from reading documentation on rfactory), haven't really tested it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:17:43 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: