Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NA CTF Population  (Read 5761 times)
Bogie
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: August 28, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

This might be a multiplayer thread.. However, most would view general before that forum I assume.

Ive recently returned from a really friggin long absence here in OA and I am really sad to see NA CTF is totally dead. I would like to make an appeal to any NA players who have quit and still view the forums or play mostly DM to return or play CTF. EU CTF seems to be thriving by comparison. Even if you are an EU player id urge you to populate a NA server for competitive purposes. A populated server is an attractive server to new players who have just started amongst a bot-filled list of servers.

[OANAGE] server is typically populated by players after 11pm Eastern US Standard, although it is the same crowd usually, we would like to see it increase in headcount. Anyone who does not play CTF and is entirely oblivious to the ways to strafe jumping or any other tricks to succeed in CTF myself and the albeit small NA community offer our services of explanation.

Also, promotion could be an issue that does not only need to be left to the developers... They already have a momentous task which requires them to make a fully functional FPS, bells and whistles included. If you have any gameplay demos of yourself or others, please slightly edit them and post them on any popular network. This will drive attention from would-be players and help include OA in a "This month's" or "This year's" free to play game highlight reviews from various communities both amateur and professional.

Must obliged.
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »

I see that this forum is (mostly) dead, save for updates from the last few developers Smiley

I think what's needed is organized effort on two fronts - release of the game, and marketing.

Release is probably more important, as frequent releases generate press coverage that results in new players. OA hasn't seen a release for nearly 2 years (!). I know development is slow, but nevertheless "release frequently" has been proven to work much better than "release once every few years".

I can def. pitch in with some marketing, but without releases it's kind of hard to market a game with no players..

vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:13:04 AM »

Question for fromhell:

Why not merge the OAX source (aka the "0.8.9" preview) and release it? Shouldn't it have been done long time ago? It's a shame to see all this work go unreleased.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:16 AM »

Because we have ended our work with the 0.x branch. We're now heading towards DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OA3]OA3[/url][/b].

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: