Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: map for OA  (Read 11983 times)
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:37 AM »

refreshed map for oa
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4gpiuidnqs0lp7/talm1.pk3?dl=0
All models and map textures on GPL
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:26:41 AM by seven » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »

Hello, seven!

A revamp of your "tunnel"/"tbs" map?
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3933.0
Good!

I like the fog effect on the outer part of the arena... how did you manage to get it without artefacts?

I'm not completely sure about some textures you used.
In the place of the screenshot, I suppose rockets should not pass through there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:41:36 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

You forgot to include licensing info file. Do you mean GPLv2/GPLv2+ (standard for OpenArena) or GPLv3 (IIRC, your previous versions of the map were GPLv3, hence not suitable for official OpenArena or OACMP releases).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »

You forgot to include licensing info file. Do you mean GPLv2/GPLv2+ (standard for OpenArena) or GPLv3 (IIRC, your previous versions of the map were GPLv3, hence not suitable for official OpenArena or OACMP releases).
GPLv2/GPLv2+ I add it for file.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »

Hello, seven!

A revamp of your "tunnel"/"tbs" map?
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3933.0
Good!

I like the fog effect on the outer part of the arena... how did you manage to get it without artefacts?

I'm not completely sure about some textures you used.
In the place of the screenshot, I suppose rockets should not pass through there.

I make there a manual clip box, I have no idea how make a weapons clip for this, work only for player.

I use this shader

textures/lm3/cliplm
{
   surfaceparm nolightmap
   surfaceparm nomarks
   surfaceparm nodraw
   surfaceparm nonsolid
   surfaceparm playerclip
   surfaceparm noimpact
   q3map_clipmodel
   {
   map textures/lm3/cliplm.jpg

}
}
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:53:45 PM by seven » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »

I do wonder how this map could look with -dirty and -bouncegrid

EDIT: Didn't realize you had the lighting baked on the texture itself idTech5 style.   Now I'm curious how this would look with detail texture layers to make the map appear more 'solid'
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:47:46 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 05:00:35 AM »

I do wonder how this map could look with -dirty and -bouncegrid

EDIT: Didn't realize you had the lighting baked on the texture itself idTech5 style.   Now I'm curious how this would look with detail texture layers to make the map appear more 'solid'
It don't look good. I use (-light -bouncegrid -dirty). On bottom is too light ground's map,
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:03:59 AM by seven » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 04:24:30 AM »

I make there a manual clip box, I have no idea how make a weapons clip for this, work only for player.

I use this shader

textures/lm3/cliplm
{
   surfaceparm nolightmap
   surfaceparm nomarks
   surfaceparm nodraw
   surfaceparm nonsolid
   surfaceparm playerclip
   surfaceparm noimpact
   q3map_clipmodel
   {
   map textures/lm3/cliplm.jpg

}
}

I don't now how that q3map_clipmodel stuff works.... (and I'm in hurry, I can't go to search about that now).

Where is that shader on, exactly? I don't understand why it has got "playerclip", "nodraw" and "nonsolid" at the same time. If the shader has to be a solid surface, such parameters may not be required...

Maybe is the jumppad a mapmodel like an .md3 or is it just a series of brushses? If it's an md3, by itself its incorporeal... but you can encase it inside a "common/weapclip" box, to make it act like something "solid" (blocking players and shots, I mean).

See also
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_manual/Mapmodels#Placing_models_into_maps
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_manual/Bot_play#Clip_brushes:_bot_clip.2C_player_clip_and_weapon_clip

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »

Nice art style, looks like pencil drawing
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »

Gave it a try. It's pretty similar to your other maps.

Those hexagon platforms at the bases encourage camping, there's not even a way to control railcampers.

You may want to increase the jumppad's power and range, behind the range it's easy to miss those 'pads and it takes a bit more to get the Megahealth.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:32:13 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: