Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] OA_Suicizer  (Read 143926 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »

The Full_CLip block bots and players but not the projectiles.
Then it's the same as "clip" (player clip)?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

The Full_CLip block bots and players but not the projectiles.
Then it's the same as "clip" (player clip)?

Maybe, i don't spent much time testing all the "clip" textures, i see it work and i use it Tongue Tongue
....XD....
Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:31 PM »

It's the info_player_start equivalent to common/weapclip's info_player_deathmatch, if the analogy is understandable...

Next you're gonna say "Excuse me, I don't understand". Tongue
Do you mean "same effect, but usage deprecated/not recommended"?
Apparently. It may have been kept for compatibility reasons, but I suppose it's the same case as info_player_start.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:17 AM »

I tried the map with two bots. Plays great!  Smiley Congrats to Akom and Suicizer!  Smiley

Just a few very minor polishing notices, about a few items:
- First screenshot: are these two items a bit too near each other, maybe?
- Second screenshot: are these two items a bit too near to the wall, maybe?
- Third screenshot: maybe the GL may be moved a little (very few units) to the left?
- Fourth screenshot: the green health on the right seems to be a little misaligned, compared to the others. Also, is the yellow health a bit too near to the wall, maybe?
- Continues in next post...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:18:23 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »

(continues from previous post)

- Maybe the LG may be moved a very few units to the right, for being better "centered" in the corridor? Not sure...
- Maybe those two health bonuses may be moved a few units more far from the wall? Not really important...

PS: Akom, the forum allows to upload .pk3 files, you don't need to package them into .zip, unless you wish to also include some file outside from the pk3.

PPS: About the various kinds of "clip" shaders, I gave a quick look into common.shader. This is not the right thread for that, so you can see here instead.

PPPS: What about using more cool jumppads for this map?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:09:36 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »

Update:

Changed some item placement by Gig suggestion, anyone else ?

- I've leaved the Ctf4 skybox as i like it Tongue

@Suicizer: What do you think about this version ? It's done ?
Link: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4835.msg50291#msg50291

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2014, 08:03:33 AM »

Small note: a couple of player spawnponts are too near to the yellow armor: if you spawn there, you automatically get the armor (if available) without even moving at all.

Maybe also those two player spawnpoints next to the lightning gun are a bit too near to it, although in this case maybe the pickup is not fully automatic without moving at all.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »

Hi guys!

Just for the record, I just tried the map in an unintended way: 3vs3 TDM mode. The map is funny even in that mode, although finding a weapon is not always easy there!  Smiley

This map plays really good, IMHO...

Probably may be interesting also in Elimination and LMS modes...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:11:34 PM by Gig » Logged

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »

Update:

Changed some item placement by Gig suggestion, anyone else ?

- I've leaved the Ctf4 skybox as i like it Tongue

@Suicizer: What do you think about this version ? It's done ?
Link: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4835.msg50291#msg50291

Wink

The general details are done, but now the real nitpicking starts (so hit F3 and prepare to map =P).
The map needs way more contrast (especially in texturing). All the walls are still a grey blur and all the floors contain the very same texture. So the map needs way more variation in texturing as it has now.
It isn't containing anything typical which makes you remember the map at all so far (details, texturing, theme, etc)

Perhaps here some ideas to get such improvements.
- As shot0000 shows, the top of the wall isn't containing any detail or showing off effort (and love) what so ever. So add something like a trim there also (but just more fat as on the floors). I think some dark-grey (like on a lot of space maps of Quake3) envmapped shader would look nice on the piece of geometry which I marked black (I only marked the left side, but I also mean the rest on the map).
- The new roof on top of the teleport looks pretty cool, but is too square compared to the rest of the curves on the map (see shot0001). What about making it smoother?
- There are a lot of curves which contain a way different shape as the jumppad texture (I know, I'm using some old Quake 3 one, but even the newer one has this problem according to older versions of the map). Make the radius of both match up. Also, put some more effort in the trimming instead of some square (see shot0002 and shot0008).
- The shader of the teleport feels quite awkward and cheap. What about using something similar to those of pul1duel-oa (see shot0003)?
- As shot0004 and shot0005 shows, there are no trimmings at that place yet.
- I'm still not font of that kitchen/bathroom texture on the floor. Is this really all we got =S?

Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:34:17 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »

As a continuing reply for the screenies...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2014, 01:01:38 AM »

Warning: making the "hole" as large as the big red line suggests in your image here
would cause the floor on the upper side of the screenshot (passage between the column and the hole) become too narrow...
To apply your change and preserve the right width of that passage, maybe the whole jump-pad should be moved to the lower part of the screenshot?

Or maybe it's just me who took your red curve too literally? Maybe you only meant to make the hole less "elliptical", but without enlarging it laterally?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:04:14 AM by Gig » Logged

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2014, 02:48:35 AM »

Warning: making the "hole" as large as the big red line suggests in your image here
would cause the floor on the upper side of the screenshot (passage between the column and the hole) become too narrow...
To apply your change and preserve the right width of that passage, maybe the whole jump-pad should be moved to the lower part of the screenshot?

Or maybe it's just me who took your red curve too literally? Maybe you only meant to make the hole less "elliptical", but without enlarging it laterally?

The outter red line is meant as reference of the trim (and should be more round)

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 03:24:26 AM »

The outter red line is meant as reference of the trim (and should be more round)
Oh, okay... I misenterpreted it as the shape of the hole, while it was the shape of the trim instead.

By the way, I can guess Akom did the outer part of the trim "squared" due to techinical difficulties in aligning a bevel's "cap" texture to the brushes around it...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2014, 03:34:46 AM »

Thanks Suicizer, i will take care of the map today.

Wink

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »

- As shot0000 shows, the top of the wall isn't containing any detail or showing off effort (and love) what so ever. So add something like a trim there also (but just more fat as on the floors). I think some dark-grey (like on a lot of space maps of Quake3) envmapped shader would look nice on the piece of geometry which I marked black (I only marked the left side, but I also mean the rest on the map).

I've changed everything noticed from you and Gig.

The only thing i don't have any idea it's from the first image, i'm not sure of what you mean, please tell me.
@Gig: Have you understood better then me ? Please tell me.

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »

He's talking about adding some trim around the "ceiling"... but I'm not sure abouch which texture he's suggesting (maybe some screenshot from Q3 or even better from OA would help)...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »

Ok, i'm waiting for Suicizer words about it, but unfortunately now i have another issue with patches that doesen't fit brushes, i've writed to Neon_Knight for his help.

I hope it's possible to solve this issue.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »

I'll see what can I do.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »

I'll see what can I do.

Thank you man.  Grin

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »

Ok, i'm waiting for Suicizer words about it, but unfortunately now i have another issue with patches that doesen't fit brushes, i've writed to Neon_Knight for his help.

Wink

I mean the trimming which is attached to those lamps could be a different texture than the walls. Probably a colourful stripe in the middle and some darker texture (than the walls!) at the sides.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

Wink

I mean the trimming which is attached to those lamps could be a different texture than the walls. Probably a colourful stripe in the middle and some darker texture (than the walls!) at the sides.

Ok, got it Tongue Tongue  thanks.

Now i'm waiting for Neon_Knight, but i think he can win the match against the bad patches.

Now 12.00 pm (italian time) i'm going to bed Tongue

Good night all  Grin

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »

Done. I had to redo the whole area. I've also tried to improve the overall brushing. The map should compile faster.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »

Hi to all  Grin

Update !

I've completed the changes of this map. Thanks Neon_Knight for helping me with patchmesh  Tongue Grin.
I have applied most of yours suggestion, i hope you like it.

Here a couple of screenshots:

Updates:

- Added a new white skybox.
- Changed the teleporter effect.
- Added some trimms.
- Changed some textures on trimms and floors.
- Curved the new "roof" near the shotgun.

Know Bugs:

- Some textures n patches are not exactly aligned, i don't know how to fix this issue.
- In one curve of the map it's possible to "escape" as Spectator, i will fix this in the next version.
- Huh  (tell me)

Download the attachment to play the latest version of the map.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »

D/L'd.

BTW, where's the curve in question?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »

D/L'd.

BTW, where's the curve in question?

I've fixed it now Tongue

For the misalignet textures:
You can notice them at the last jumpad you and i modifyed, and at the big curves at the opposite site of the map.....and the one below the red armour....

Wink
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:05:22 PM by Akom74 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: