Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Servers crashing my OA  (Read 11643 times)
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« on: September 04, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »

Hey there, I found the following problem:

When I try to connect to certain servers (like "gem's instantgib", ")c(haos ctf 081", "zimsnew allweapons!"), my OA crashes at "awaiting gamestate" and states "Couldn't open D:\Programs\Opena Arena\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\pak0.pk3" and asks if I want to copy the console log to clipboard. Why would I like to see some log of all files located in the "AppData" directory? When restarting OA again, it states "The last time OpenArena ran, it didn't exit properly. This may be due to inappropriate video settings. Would you like to start with "safe" video settings?"
After agreeing, your whole screen settings are messed up (if you actually had optimized them), when executing no, it just runs like normal, perfect.

This happened for the first time about some weeks ago and tend to occur more and more somehow.

Anyway, I don't get any win exception or so of really crashing. So any ideas what could be the cause?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:08:53 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »

Perhaps isn't exactly your config but some pk3 you've downloaded messing with the game? Have you tried joining those servers with clean config and clean baseoa?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »

I get alot of errors from OA sometimes, this doesn't seem quite common to me.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

Perhaps isn't exactly your config but some pk3 you've downloaded messing with the game? Have you tried joining those servers with clean config and clean baseoa?

it seems like it's fixed after renaming "baseoa" to something different, but how do I preserve all those maps which I've downloaded over the years? I'm not willing to download all defrag maps all over again, neither those on other public servers.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »

They're already downloaded to your older baseoa dir. Move them one at a time to the new baseoa dir until you find the culprit.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

They're already downloaded to your older baseoa dir. Move them one at a time to the new baseoa dir until you find the culprit.

Any better idea then moving more then 400 maps one at a time?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:17:48 PM by Suicizer » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »

Moving them by bunches of, I don't know, 10, 20? If, after a bunch, OA crashes, then the bad map is inside that bunch (And even then it might not be the only responsable map).

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:52 AM »

Doing a test to check if the problem is with your q3config.cfg, instead of with some pk3, before doing the work?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:23 PM »

Doing a test to check if the problem is with your q3config.cfg, instead of with some pk3, before doing the work?

I've tried to replace that, but that wasn't effective.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: