Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add contextual awareness features  (Read 6657 times)
i6arcia
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:40 AM »

Hello!

I want modify Open Arena to add other tools or features of contextual awareness, namely to respond to certain actions or conditions of the game. I saw that the game has some features such as those mentioned, eg hide panels or tools when in combat with another player. I would like to know where in the code and how we are able to do that.

Is there a diagram of the code, which can guide me to change the game? Where do I can find it?

Thanks for the help.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:18 AM »

I'm sorry, I'm not an expert about coding. Waiting for better answers (e.g. by Sago007, main gamecode programmer)...

I can tell you that the game sources are mainly divided into "engine" and "gamecode" -plus the "assets" (textures, models, maps, etc) of course-.
The engine is contained into the "executables" (binaries), and is derived from "ioquake3". Gamecode is the "game logic", and is the part about game rules and GUI, and is contained in "QVM" (Quake Virtual Machine), which is then packaged in .pk3 files. Gamecode is the part usually modified by mods. You may search for tutorials about creating MODs for Quake III Arena or ioquake3. Latest "beta" OpenArena gamecode is contained in "OAX" (OpenArena eXpanded), while you can download latest "official" gamecode -OA 0.8.8- from here).

Here's a few links to start:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mod
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Coding_resources_%26_tutorials
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OAX
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Main_Page#Development
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:24:50 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
i6arcia
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »

Thanks, I'll try. I will read a little of that  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: