Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mode  (Read 8893 times)
Lehos Rudkam
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

Hello gamers.

I clarify that I do not speak English, so I'm using Google translator . I had an idea, but as I have not the slightest notion programming share it with you .

It happens that I love games of skill, always when I play any multiplayer game I imagine it modified to my taste, that is, as would be if everything depended on the skill of the player and not have any advantage.
Then I told myself that I can do that with the open source videogames and I began to imagine the OpenArena as I would like it and I do I proposed . But as I understand nothing complicated software I do it alone, so I ask your help.

My idea is to get it to play OpenArena depending only on the skill. What I do not know if it could be applied as a mod or changes would be so great that need to create an alternative version of OA. That aside , step to develop my idea.

Last Man Standing would be modified . First, there would be a map that would spawns points equally spaced . For example, if the map is a square and there are four players, one for each corner would . Everyone will have a single weapon with infinite ammo , all use the same skin and your name will be hidden. This ensures that you never know who you battle against . As a final point , when someone wins the round scores a point , and no points limit .
Being a map with points equally spaced respawns , every time a player leaves should be changed automatically map one according to the number of players. If a player enters the game, expected to end the round and only then change the map.

This is by far my idea but do not know how to implement it . Surely after more things occur to me .
Greetings .
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »

... Sorry but where did the fun part go?
Maps are meant to be asymmetric (with exception of modes like ctf) as it feels more natural and not confusing. It also makes a map not just cheaply copy-pasted several times.
What's the problemwith showing up names? Even if you would take this away, if you're a pretty skilled player, you'll notice who is who by their interaction (like movement or aiming).

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Lehos Rudkam
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »

I do not pretend to amuse anyone with this mode, I like to be symmetrical so that everyone starts in the same conditions.
Regarding hidden names I can remove it, but would be more verbose that all use the same model.

That said, does anyone know how? Where do I have to start?

----------

No pretendo divertir a nadie con este modo, me gusta que sea simétrico para que todos empiecen en las mismas condiciones.
Respecto a los nombres ocultos puedo quitarlo, aunque quedaría más prolijo que todos usarán el mismo modelo.

Dicho esto, ¿alguno sabe cómo se hace?¿por dónde tengo que empezar?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

(Definitivamente necesitamos un subforo para quienes no hablamos nativamente en inglés...)
(We definitely need a non-English speaking subforum...)

A ver si entendí la idea (hablo español/castellano nativamente, soy argentino Tongue)

Básicamente lo que querés es crear una modificación para OA en la que todos comiencen con una sola arma (Railgun, por ejemplo) y con mapas creados específicamente para esa modificación que sean perfectamente simétricos. ¿no?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Lehos Rudkam
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:23 PM »

Yes, the gun will infinite ammo and the map will change according to the number of players.

---------

Así es, el arma tendrá munición infinita y el mapa cambiará según la cantidad de jugadores.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:20 AM »

For all players have the same weapon, server admins can use DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Elimination#CVARs]elimination_cvars to set it. You may be also interested into reading DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples/Weapon_rotation]Weapon rotation configuration examples and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/NIQ3]NIQ3 MOD pages.
[/size]

It looks like you would need
- appositely designed maps, with all spawn points placed symmetrically
- a DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mod]MOD that would:
-- force all clients to have DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Graphic_options#Identify_target]identify target option turned off. This would not show the name of who you are aiming at.
-- force all clients to have \cg_drawAttacker "0" (I never tried changing this, but disabling it should not show the info of who's attacking you on the upper right corner f the screen).
This way, score table would still identify each player name, but you will not know who you are facing during the game (oh, well, considering "last man standing" rules, one might check on the score table which players are already "dead", and guess that who he's currently facing is one of those that are still alive).
-- force all clients to have DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Graphic_options#Force_player_model]force player model option turned on. It should be noticed that currently, cg_forcemodel always shows "sarge/grism" model for all players in team-based modes, and shows you your own model for all players in non-team-based mode. Hence, for complete fairness one should also do something about that. Some mods have a variable like cg_enemymodel to choose the look of all your enemies, but it's not part of the main game (baseoa).

About map automatically change according to the numer of players, I fear a such feature is not yet in baseoa... who knows, maybe some DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_managers]third-party tool -like BigBrotherBot- may allow a such thing? I don't know.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Lehos Rudkam
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »

For all players have the same weapon, server admins can use DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Elimination#CVARs]elimination_cvars to set it. You may be also interested into reading DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples/Weapon_rotation]Weapon rotation configuration examples and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/NIQ3]NIQ3 MOD pages.
[/size]

It looks like you would need
- appositely designed maps, with all spawn points placed symmetrically
- a DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mod]MOD that would:
-- force all clients to have DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Graphic_options#Identify_target]identify target option turned off. This would not show the name of who you are aiming at.
-- force all clients to have \cg_drawAttacker "0" (I never tried changing this, but disabling it should not show the info of who's attacking you on the upper right corner f the screen).
This way, score table would still identify each player name, but you will not know who you are facing during the game (oh, well, considering "last man standing" rules, one might check on the score table which players are already "dead", and guess that who he's currently facing is one of those that are still alive).
-- force all clients to have DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Graphic_options#Force_player_model]force player model option turned on. It should be noticed that currently, cg_forcemodel always shows "sarge/grism" model for all players in team-based modes, and shows you your own model for all players in non-team-based mode. Hence, for complete fairness one should also do something about that. Some mods have a variable like cg_enemymodel to choose the look of all your enemies, but it's not part of the main game (baseoa).

About map automatically change according to the numer of players, I fear a such feature is not yet in baseoa... who knows, maybe some DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_managers]third-party tool -like BigBrotherBot- may allow a such thing? I don't know.

Ok, how do I make a mod that meets these characteristics?

----------

Ok, ¿cómo hago un mod que reúna esas características?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »

Aprendiendo a programar. Tongue

Lamentablemente los recursos que vas a encontrar están en inglés.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Coding_resources_%26_tutorials

Si no sabés programar, te sugiero que encuentres algún curso de programación (de estos sí abundan en español)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Lehos Rudkam
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »

Thanks, I'm reading slowly and I find it very interesting that programming.
What do you mean by programming course? What is it?

----------

Gracias, estoy leyendo poco a poco y me parece muy interesante eso de programar.
¿A que te referís con curso de programación?¿Qué es?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: