Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Community Mappack Volume 1 v3 Re-Release  (Read 319116 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: January 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »

Due to some certain problems, first with a pair of bugs and then with a non-Free asset, the OpenArena Community Mappack Volume 1 had to be, well, repackaged. The good thing is that this time the 100% of it is still GPLv2-compliant. Server admins who are going to use the pack should delete the old versions of this pack (and if you were using betas, those as well) and use this new version instead. Likewise, people who's going to mirror this pack must use this version and delete the older ones.

And, in the name of the OACMP team, sorry for all of the inconveniences!

For information about the pack, head this way.

We are also gauging interest for the second volume, so if you like to map, we're waiting for you in the Maps subforum!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:40:58 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:14 AM »

Hey, I just got offline half day and a lot of things happened!

Then, let me understand.
"Oacmp-volume1-v2.zip" has got a few textures which were not GPLv2, but CC-something instead.
So, NK somehow changed them with something else and re-uploaded an updated version of the pack "Oacmp-volume1-v3.zip".

So, people holding v2 or previous (betas, rc), should delete them.

Please, whoever uploaded the v2 pack to other sites, then delete the old one, and upload the new one.

At the moment, there are various v2 mirrors still working! Who can, please pull them out/update them!
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/106800/openarena-community-mappack-volume-1
http://www.moddb.com/games/openarena/addons/openarena-community-map-pack-volume-1
http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/upload/oacmp-volume1-v2.zip
Pleople will have to do not be able to download v2 anymore: please remove the old files from those servers.

PS: I can't find those links now, but I remember that Akom uploaded it to mega and box.com, maybe?

PPS: I just DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=OACMP%2FVolume_1&diff=15971&oldid=15887]updated the wiki page for V3, adding a note about deleting older versions. I suppose that note should remain in that page for at least some monts (of course, it may be better "refined" if necessary, and be kept there forever).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:57:25 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:29:54 AM »

Waiting for the definitive release.

Wink
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:34:39 AM by Akom74 » Logged

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »

Gig, the older link at ModDB is already gone, I have deleted it.
Here's the new link at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/members/neon-knight/addons/openarena-community-mappack-volume-1-v3-re-release
I have also uploaded it at Tuxfamily: http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/upload/oacmp-volume1-v3.zip
All that remains is Atomicgamer, which I'll do now.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 06:27:54 AM »

Mirror to download V2 from my accounts removed from my site.
Waiting for the definitive release.

Wink
This post:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4899.msg49686#msg49686
still contains some v2 links which seem working (their maintainers should remove those files, please):
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl-android/files/OpenArena/0.8.8/oacmp-volume1-v2.zip/download Sourceforge (I can guess this is from Pelya).
- https://app.box.com/s/qlsoj1ghbau5n71sdfyy (Akom's?)
- Mega (Akom's? Removing the link from your web site isn't enough, better to also delete the file from the cyberlocker).
- http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/upload/oacmp-volume1-v2.zip Tuxfamily (Neon Knight maybe?)
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/106800/openarena-community-mappack-volume-1 Atomic Gamer (NK said he will take care of this)

Also, the post itself should be updated with new links.

By the way, what's the exact situation of that problematic texture? XCSV sounds to be this CC replacement package, hi-res textures for Q3A. But it seems a bit strange that of all the files in XCSV folder, only one was actually taken/edited from that package. Has anyone asked Jan for infos?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:58 AM »

I can't edit anything because the post is blocked  Roll Eyes
I'm deleting the file at the sources in my accounts.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »

Well, that post is closed. The best thing which can be done is to delete those links from the forum. But I don't want to bother fromhell much of what I have already bothered. :/

About the XCSV package, yeah, it was indeed mostly a false alarm, but a derivated texture from that NC-ND package indeed slipped out. And nobody reported this in a whole year.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:51:37 AM »

Well, that post is closed. The best thing which can be done is to delete those links from the forum. But I don't want to bother fromhell much of what I have already bothered. :/

About the XCSV package, yeah, it was indeed mostly a false alarm, but a derivated texture from that NC-ND package indeed slipped out. And nobody reported this in a whole year.

Well, nobody notice this, even you. Things happens Tongue Tongue

By the way, now we are ready ? I mean, the pack (V3) can be considered the official one ?

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »

By the way, now we are ready ? I mean, the pack (V3) can be considered the official one ?
I can guess yes, but however I asked Jan to explain here what happened. If you prefer to wait for his explaination, to be sure there are no other problems...

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »

Hey guys, I was testing the maps to place them in our *SoS*-server... and with the v1.3 mappack there is 1 problem on my machine that I got only with version v1.3(I hope only mine). All maps work apart from oacmpctf1. Screenshot loads and then OA crashes and give me an error (see attechement).
/!\ Please try someone to open OA, write /g_gametype 4 and /map oacmpctf1 and report if you got the same problem. (I hope it is  just me, then I will see how to fix that. And no, I don't have this map twice in my baseoa-folder )
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:01:31 AM by adriano » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 08:10:56 AM »

With version 3, I have the same problem, which does not happen with version 2.

It seems a problem that does not prevent a dedicated server to run, but prevents clients from playing (dedicated servers managers may not recognize it immediately)!!!!

DDDDDD'OOOOHHHHHH!!!

How's possible that just replacing a jpg file did that?
Uhm... I see the v2 jpg (xcsv/metalfloor_wall_14bglow2r.jpg, right?) was 512x512, 72dpi, 24bit. V3 jpg is 256x256, 72dpi, 24bit.
Maybe a 512x512 replacement (or map recompiling) was needed, because the map was compiled with a such dimension texture? I didn't thought there were such problems...  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:24:56 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »

Oh, no, not again... -.-

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MurphysLaw
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FinaglesLaw

Sad

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »

I'll solve this. After solving it, CAN I FOCUS ON THE OTHER THINGS I COULDN'T FOCUS YET?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »

I'll solve this. After solving it, CAN I FOCUS ON THE OTHER THINGS I COULDN'T FOCUS YET?
Of course, my friend.... Obviously, if the fix does not cause more major problems. We do not seem very lucky, lately...  Undecided

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »

You know, all of this started because the guy who reported the violation said that he already knew about it while the pack was in development, but he told us about such bug only after the pack was released. And we had an entire year of development.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

I've also found why Jan's maps played the windfly sound. This is an excerpt from the GTKR Manual:

target_push
(...)
Game Function: This is not recommended for creating jump pads and launch ramps. The direction of push can be set by the "angles" key or pointing to a target_position or info_notnull entity. Unlike trigger_push, this is NOT client side predicted and must be activated by a trigger.
(...)
Check Boxes/Spawnflags
BOUNCEPAD : if set, trigger will play bounce noise instead of beep noise when activated (see notes).

Notes
(...)
    If bouncepad is checked, it will play the bouncepad sound instead of windfly.

I have never checked if Jan's maps used target_push instead of trigger_push, though.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »

I've updated my server with v3. I did not notice crash with oacmpctf1, I've tested with clean OA 0.8.8.
Also, Android package and servers are updated, and include this pack.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:06 AM »

I've updated my server with v3. I did not notice crash with oacmpctf1, I've tested with clean OA 0.8.8.
Also, Android package and servers are updated, and include this pack.
Maybe the crash happens on Windows only? It happened to both me (on two different machines) and Adriano... a problem does exist!

I really think you should have waited for v4 before updating android package and servers with the pack!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:54:28 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »

Neon_Knight, will you re-compile the map with the 256x256 texture, or will scale up the texture with an image editor, to have it 512x512?

In case of the second one, I tried to simply scale up the red texture with Photoshop. You can find it attached here, compared with the "old" (V3) version.

I haven't tried it in-game yet.

UPDATE: I packaged it into a pk3 called "_test.pk3" (attached here), but the map still crashes! What do I did wrong?

NK, are you sure that .jpg file was really the only one difference between V2 and V3? Uhm... looking for file dates inside V2 and V3 pk3, that one image really seems the only one modified that day... I don't understand.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:57:26 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

Don't know what to tell, but i have the same error and the game shutdown.

Here is the log:

Code:
Loading 1235 jump table targets
VM file cgame compiled to 1079730 bytes of code
cgame loaded in 4743488 bytes on the hunk
^3WARNING: could not find sound/items/cl_ammoregen.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/misc/windfly.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/nailgun/wnalimpd.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpd.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpl.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/weapons/vulcan/wvulimpm.wav - using default
^3WARNING: could not find sound/misc/yousuck.wav - using default
WARNING: reused image textures/q3j/white.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
----- Client Shutdown (Client fatal crashed: Requested feature was omitted at compile time
) -----
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown (Server fatal crashed: Requested feature was omitted at compile time
) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
---------------------------

It seems that the problem it's caused by textures/q3j/white.tga
Don't know why  Huh

Wink

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »

@Gig @Akom Did oacmpctf1 crash when you tested it in OACMP ver2 package? Can you please check again? Also, what happens if you replace all textures with textures from OACMP ver3 package? It seems strange to me that just replacing the texture caused it to crash.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »

It seems that the problem it's caused by textures/q3j/white.tga
Don't know why  Huh
That "warning" line about white.tga is displayed also if using Version2, which does not crash...  Undecided

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »

Are you all really sure that there's no other "surprise" in the pack? Because I'm not going to release a v5 even if there's a big problem.

I'll release a v4 tomorrow and move on to other things.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:31:06 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »

I just tried to re-package the original XCSV texture (CC licensed!!!!!!) into a separate pk3, and use it together with V3.... and it works!

You can download the attached file (_test2_NONgpl.pk3) for testing purposes only: it's NOT GPL (it uses a restrictive CC license instead), you CANNOT use it on GPL servers.

What can make the original XCSV file so different than the other JPGs?

Opening it with notepad++, I see it has got various XML-style code at its beginning (EXIF data maybe?)... maybe the map compiling process used some of those data? I really have no idea....

Are you all really sure that there's no other "surprise" in the pack? Because I'm not going to release a v5 even if there's a big problem.

I'll release a v4 tomorrow and move on to other things.
Completely sure not... the issues I remember (just listing, without considering their weight):
- the buggy fog of oacmpdm9,
- Pelya and Akom mentioned some maps which seem to be too dark after recent changes
- a couple of misaligned torches in dm1
- strangely suspended items in moixie's dm map...
- Other??????

I don't remember other problems right now.... I don't know if those brightness problems are major, you know I have difficulties in figuring out the right brighness level.

But from when the ctf1 problem has been pointed out, I haven't tried other maps anymore... I don't know if others did...

PS: I will not be able to perform any more tests today.  :-[ Pelya, could you please do some more?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:01:14 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: