Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skybox fixes  (Read 11179 times)
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« on: December 16, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »

A small skybox fix package, the next version of the nebulae pack. Thor001 found a bug in that pack, it will fix that, plus the space1... textures are fixed too, and the oa_pvomit texture were polished a bit: JPG artifacts removed and more seamless edges.

Question: space1_bk, space1_dn, space1_ft, space1_lf, space1_rt textures are exactly the same, could we keep only one and refer to that one with shaders? All the nebulae textures are also based on the same space image, but I would like to keep space1 and nebulae separated, if we change one, the other shouldn't be affected.

Screenshots: skyboxfix-1.jpg, skyboxfix-2.jpg
Package: z_skyboxfix.pk3
Sources: skyboxfix_sources.zip

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:00:21 AM »

Question: space1_bk, space1_dn, space1_ft, space1_lf, space1_rt textures are exactly the same, could we keep only one and refer to that one with shaders?

don't think that's possible. this is a snippet from the q3a shader manual describing the farbox in a skybox:

Code:
3.1 skyParms <farbox> <cloudheight> <nearbox>

<Farbox> Specifies a set of files to use as an environment box behind all cloud layers. Specify "-" for no farbox, or a file base name.
A base name of "env/test" would look for files "env/test_rt.tga", "env/test_lf.tga", "env/test_ft.tga", "env/test_bk.tga",
"env/test_up.tga", "env/test_dn.tga" to use as the right / left / front / back / up / down sides.

as i understand you need all these files. imo it's not worth the effort to go around this just to save up on a couple of images.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »

as i understand you need all these files. imo it's not worth the effort to go around this just to save up on a couple of images.

I see, I thought that it looks for a shader definition first, so we can make something like this:
Code:
env/space1_bk {
{
map env/space1
rgbGen identity
}
}
But I've tested now, and it's ignored.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:11:23 AM »

Do these fixed textures have ever been submitted to the SVN commits thread?

(Sorry for resuming a very old thred.... I found this thread by googling infos about skyparms...)

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: