Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Environmental Last Man Standing  (Read 5087 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: March 29, 2014, 12:41:29 AM »

A variation of last man standing, but with no damage inflicted from weapons but only from the map.

Would need special maps with hazards and traps and the like, space maps would work too well for this.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 03:49:22 AM »

Extreme award pushing?

Sounds interesting, but that may need to modify some weapons to cause some more "push" (similarily to tweaking g_knockback value maybe?). Some weapons do "push" the enemy very little (or even not at all?), so at the moment are not suitable for pushing him into deadly places.

But changig weapon behavior by default is a "nottodo" thing for baseoa... Maybe for a single gametype it may be acceptable?
One may think to simply force g_knockback value for that gametype, but maybe it does not affect all weapons, and however probably each weapon push should be tweaked singularily (otherwise, weapons which already cause noticeable push would give too much of it).

Not sure, maybe that's stuff for a mod...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:51:47 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:42:39 AM »

You mean, Final Destination: OA gametype? Tongue

Also, hazard-filled maps are very disliked.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: