Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QuakeCon 2014  (Read 10444 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: January 30, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »

QuakeCon 2014, the annual gathering of everything Bethesda, will take place July 17-20, event organizers announced today.

For its 19th year running, the event will return to the Hilton Anatole hotel in Dallas, Texas. The four-day event will culminate in the annual bring-your-own-computer LAN party as well as presentations, panels, hardware demonstrations, announcements and the chance to go hands-on with new and upcoming video games under the Bethesda Softworks banner.

Hotel room reservations are already open, according to a post on the Bethesda Blog. Interested attendees can take advantage of a special $159 per night rate while rooms last — just mention QuakeCon when booking. Badges for QuakeCon 2014 are, as with previous years, free and available to the general public.

At last year's QuakeCon — which took place Aug. 1-4, 2013 —  we got our hands on downloadable content for Arkane Studios' Dishonored as well as upcoming shooter reboot Wolfenstein: The New Order and heard talks from id Software's John Carmack, now CTO at virtual reality company Oculus. Check out all our coverage from QuakeCon 2013 here.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/30/5361148/quakecon-2014-returns-to-dallas-july-17-20

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Ingesecition
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:22 AM »

As the old joke goes: "Why is QuakeCon in Dallas in August?" "Because the surface of the Sun was fully booked!"

July should be marginally better. Maybe not over 100F everyday. Maybe.

*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »

I wish QuakeCon would come to New York instead :\ seems like a much better location than down in Dallas IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER. It's pretty damn hot down there.  Shocked
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »

What's QuakeCon without a keynote?

I also groaned hard when I saw the modding panel taking questions some quakecon or two ago....

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: