Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] OA_akomctf4  (Read 71837 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »

I haven't played UT3, but I can guess they did have different mappers and different styles. If you don't like one of its maps, it does not necessarily mean you would not like all the others, too.

The angle will push the carrier into the void when using two of the three pads.
This sounds worth investigating more. Does this happen when using specific DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Game_physics]game physics settings?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »

I haven't played UT3, but I can guess they did have different mappers and different styles. If you don't like one of its maps, it does not necessarily mean you would not like all the others, too.

The angle will push the carrier into the void when using two of the three pads.
This sounds worth investigating more. Does this happen when using specific DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Game_physics]game physics settings?

Well, the problem to me is that it feels like you're rather playing duckhunt due those jumppads than actually OA. The map is missing keypoints as a safe way to get the opponent's flag and return it to yours. Despite that, the solution Ian't to add another teleport which makes the map even more confusing.
A proper map should work without any jumppad, teleport or ladder; those are only meant to spice up the gameplay.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2014, 04:14:49 AM »

Well, the problem to me is that it feels like you're rather playing duckhunt due those jumppads than actually OA. The map is missing keypoints as a safe way to get the opponent's flag and return it to yours. Despite that, the solution Ian't to add another teleport which makes the map even more confusing.
A proper map should work without any jumppad, teleport or ladder; those are only meant to spice up the gameplay.
I can agree so many jumppads in this "open" map may bring to a "duck hunt" gameplay (removing some railguns from the map maybe? But I don't think Akom would agree), and even I am not a great fan of teleporters (although my next map will have a few of them), but however speaking in absolute terms can be excessive. Even the very good map you conceived has got teleporters (although all areas of the map can be accessed also without using them)...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »

@Suicizer: Got it, but this map it's a clone (tribute) of the original for UT3, and the original for UT3 was made by an external mapper, it's not an UT3 original.
By the way, once the map will be released under GPLv2, anyone can modify it like he/she wants  Grin

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: