Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some english lessons via images  (Read 9860 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: June 25, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:31:25 AM »

Lotsa lolz at the "how to write good" list.

I'd probably add:

24. lots of smileys don't make your point more compelling Smiley Smiley Smiley

The british / american english thing -- well watch enough TV and you'll pick up most of them yourself in a short time.
Mustafa2
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:45:55 AM »

In my opinion the best source of English words is a good dictionary. Some words could have many different meanings which we have to know to be able to properly build sentences. The thing becomes even more difficult when we want to use prepositions. They could completely change the meaning of surrounding words. I am not a native English speaker, so I have to care what I write Smiley. I often use Cambridge Dictionaries Online (it's a website). Do you know other such references?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:44 AM »

I often use Cambridge Dictionaries Online (it's a website). Do you know other such references?
I often use http://www.wordreference.com
It has got some translation dictionaries and English monolingual and English synonyms dictionary.

Gig from cell phone.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: