Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: no more Italian player and comunity  (Read 14586 times)
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: July 23, 2014, 03:21:40 PM »

Com'on I can't believe that Italian players/developers are lost in the hell...

And I can't understand why so much Italians hide themself behind a france or german nickname.

I'm sure that every comunity can get some of good with a new Italian-pizza-spaghetti OA community.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »

I have no idea about why "arenawarriors" web site/forum disappeared from the net, if this is what you are searching for. I was never registered on their site, however noticed their forum was not very active since many months, before it disappeared.

I'm not inside OA clanscene/third party communities, so the fact I don't know about other Italian OA communities does not mean there are not.

However, people around this forum which are surely Italian are:
- Jackoverfull: he's not very active on the forum, but he's the one who compiled Mac OSX OA binaries, and can give some help with Mac problems... he kindly appeares if invoked with a PM. Smiley
- Akom74: Q3 mapper since a long time, he created 6 of the OACMP Volume 1 maps for OA.
- Gig (me): I try to help where I can, providing feedback and keeping an eye on OA wiki. I rarely play online.

There may be more Italian people around these forums... I can't remember now...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:05:53 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »

Thank you Gig.

Don't forget my other maps for OA Community Map Pack:

CTF
OA_Akomctf2 <- BETA!!
OA_Akomctf3 <- BETA!!
OA_Akomctf4 <- BETA!!

DM
OA_Gateway <- BETA!!
OA_Cargo <- BETA!!
OA_Suicizer

@skyknight: You can try them and return some feedback if you want.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »

Unfortunately, forums are on the verge of being a relic of the past in the social networks era. Unless you have gathering points on Facebook/Twitter/Steam/othersocialnetworks your community might as well not exist, which is sad. :/

I know because I've tried to no avail to reunite players of my country, but because of my own lack of funds to actually do something (i.e. an own server/properforum) and my real life duties getting in the way, among other reasons, I couldn't.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

So thanks men! since 2004 I am a user of only linux. And unfortunately until yesterday I used this time for a 2003 celeron M. I now own an AMD phenom X3 so I do not think I'm looking for an FPS that is more popular, though I would like to know if there is anything else. I love this game, although I have always played it with all the slightest effects  weep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: