Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to not suck?  (Read 7573 times)
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

If you can read this, then you don't need glasses

« on: October 22, 2014, 07:15:41 PM »

I have a confession to make... I am terrible at this game. Very terrible.

Does anyone have some tips?

Whenever someone says "Use a mod" I cut myself. I've almost bled to death a couple of times (No, not really.)
revanic
VIP
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »

Rocket Launcher and Rail gun, practice them to no end. Lightning gun is also useful. Strafing is also very important. Mostly just practice really.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »

Practice, of course.

Good settings (correct mouse speed, correct network settings, "delag" feature for hitscan weapons[1] active...) may give some help, too (you may take a look to DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual#Hints]here and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Tweak]here).

Learning "strafe jump" technique (to gain extra speed) is almost essential. See (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Techniques

[1]To know which weapons are "hitscan" (instant-hit), you can refer to the table at the end of DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Weapons]Weapons page.[/size]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:26:39 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
MONS7ER
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:48 AM »

all the above, + get the cfg setting most suitable for you and your hardware. (monitor resolution, binds,net settings,graphic settings..)if u got a poor computer like me, find the right balance between performance-quality..and pratice pratice pratice, play against real players , bots are for fun mostly or experiment different settings. and spectate other players.
 it will take time, but you will improve.

if u need more indeep help or just a partner to pratice   
go here :
http://super-bots.enjin.com/ or
http://webchat.quakenet.org/ channel #OAsuperbots! or pm me here! see ya
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: