Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc. gamemode ideas.  (Read 6786 times)
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

If you can read this, then you don't need glasses

« on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »

Just thinking out loud here.

I had some ideas for other gamemodes. Here they are.

SWARM - You have a given amount of time (Say, a minute and a half) To grab some weapons, get in position, make a plan with your teammates, etcetera. Then, all hell breaks loose. First tens, then hundreds, and thousands of weakling enemies pour into the arena. Maybe like tiny, fast zombies.

TEAM SWAP - Basically TDM, but when you die, you switch teams.

GLADIATOR - Tourney with Gauntlets only.

JUGGERNAUT - One player is selected to be the "Juggernaut." The Juggernaut is equipped with all guns, 2500 (Or so) health, Infinite ammo, etc. If you are NOT the Juggernaut, you need to work with everyone to kill them. If you ARE, you need to kill everyone. No respawning.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Whenever someone says "Use a mod" I cut myself. I've almost bled to death a couple of times (No, not really.)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »

TEAM SWAP = Red Rover = Quake Live

(though really, Red Rover also existed as a Q2 mod a long time ago.  one of the artists for that old q2 mod contributed to OA in the past lol)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:32:28 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
asmanel
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »

TEAM SWAP look like the convert mutator of assaultCube Reloaded, always available in teamplay. The only difference is TEAM SWAP is limited to team deathmatch.

I played several times ACR with convert used. It make the game confuse and you can fire on your team mates at believing fire on an ennemy.

About other gammode ideas I have several ones I didn't already suggested for OA :

* return the flag (RTF) : like CTF except touch your flag once this one dropped isn't enough to return it to its flag point. You need to carry tour flag to this point.
* direct capture the flag (DCTF) : like CTF except when a flag carrier die, the carried flag return to its flag point
* protect the flag (PTF) : to score, touch the ennemy flag is enough. You can carry the flag of your team but not the ennemy flag.
* hunt the flag (HTF) : each team have a flag carrier. The goal is kill the ennemy flag carrier and pick up their flag before an ennemy do it.
* strict hunt the flag (SHTF) : like HTF except a tem can't score if its flag isn't carried
* steal the flag (STF) : like 1FCTF except the goal is send the neutral flag to the flag point of your team
 and not the ennemy one.
* neutralize the flag (NTF) : the goal is send the ennemy flag to the neutral flag.

I also suggest an elimination variant for all team based game modes which doesn't already have a such variant. For now, only two game modes have it : TDM (TDM+elimination=elimination) and CTF.

An other variant idea for team based game modes is pseudo teams based variants. They are insane parodies of their (actually) team based variant and the main difference is there is no team score. When you do what must be done to score, you score instead your team, you and nobody else. Of course, in such modes, every one is your ennemy (like in non team based game modes), even your team mates. (note, however, I don't hope pseudo teams based variants will be implemented in OA)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »

SWARM - You have a given amount of time (Say, a minute and a half) To grab some weapons, get in position, make a plan with your teammates, etcetera. Then, all hell breaks loose. First tens, then hundreds, and thousands of weakling enemies pour into the arena. Maybe like tiny, fast zombies.
This does remember me the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Hunt]Hunt Q3 mod.

Probably, this can be achieved by using DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/NIQ3]NIQ3 mod.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »

Just thinking out loud here.

I had some ideas for other gamemodes. Here they are.

TEAM SWAP - Basically TDM, but when you die, you switch teams.

JUGGERNAUT - One player is selected to be the "Juggernaut." The Juggernaut is equipped with all guns, 2500 (Or so) health, Infinite ammo, etc. If you are NOT the Juggernaut, you need to work with everyone to kill them. If you ARE, you need to kill everyone. No respawning.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Sounds like ideas taken directly from other games; as Team Swap is Red Rover in Quake Live (as Fromhell stated), Swarm seems like just a server option (like instagib),  Juggernaut is just Quad Hog (+) in Quake Live and Swarm is just DMSP in Sauerbraten or even Red Eclipse.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:40:01 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: