Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Fortress  (Read 6651 times)
tflover
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 25, 2014, 09:16:23 PM »

The idea of this post is to organize, assemble and elaborate ideas to make an ideal Team Fortress based-mod for Open Arena, so basically here you can give yours and others ideas. If someone could help organizing the ideas, I would thank him.
PD: Please try to stick to the last discussion, if we are talking about the weapons, please try to talk about them and not about other things.

Style: I think that if OAF is made, it should use a cyber-punk anime styled design, with this I think that we: 1. Stick with OA anime style 2. Has its own personality (cyberpunk)

Other ideas will be discussed such as weapons design. The main theme will be put later.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:37:12 AM »

First things one may think about:
- Try to find developers interested into creating a such mod. If some Q3 Fortress community or developers do still exist, contacting them may help.
-- You need someone capable to code, someone capable of making textures and shaders, someone capable of making maps, someone capable of creating models. And someone to act as coordinator would be good.
- Check if there is some GPLv2+ stuff available from Q3 Fortress, which may be re-used...
- Clearly define goals of the project...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
tflover
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »

First things one may think about:
- Try to find developers interested into creating a such mod. If some Q3 Fortress community or developers do still exist, contacting them may help.
-- You need someone capable to code, someone capable of making textures and shaders, someone capable of making maps, someone capable of creating models. And someone to act as coordinator would be good.
- Check if there is some GPLv2+ stuff available from Q3 Fortress, which may be re-used...
- Clearly define goals of the project...

The goal of this post is to create a clear idea of OAF, so if someone is interested, he/she would look at this, so the only thing left is to do the mod and yeah, I was thinking of using Q3F as a base and I want OAF to be created by OA community, becuase is the community what makes OA alive.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »

I still have the Q3D sources somewhere on my disc.
They are GPLed, but there is no artwork with this licence iirc.
I already had asked RR2D02 some times regarding this, but got no answer snce he is one of thisi brink guys  Sad

Anyway: i also would support this idea, because TF was one of my favourites long time ago! Cheesy

[Edit]: sources still on Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/p/dasprojekt/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/code/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:12:05 PM by Peter Silie » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: