Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: creat server Help!  (Read 11489 times)
Taie
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: February 20, 2007, 11:39:18 PM »

It would like to ask for helps to the Open Arena for bullfighting has many Brazilian players, but it does not have no server Brazilian! Ours pings is much high...how I can creates it a server Brazilian
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:31:59 AM »

See (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers for an example config
tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:32:55 AM »

Rather than pm you back I'm just going to post in the thread since the more eyes that read it will give you more, if not better, feedback.

It seems to me that your problem is finding a brazilian server. Look for a shared host that will allow you to run a game server.

once you get a server you'll get help here on the forum for configuring your server.

p.s. is bullfighting a mod Grin

ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 06:56:10 AM »

Rather than pm you back I'm just going to post in the thread since the more eyes that read it will give you more, if not better, feedback.

It seems to me that your problem is finding a brazilian server. Look for a shared host that will allow you to run a game server.

once you get a server you'll get help here on the forum for configuring your server.

p.s. is bullfighting a mod Grin

I think "how I can creates it a server" means "how can I create a server?". He was probably asking how to create a server in Brazil so he and his friends get a reasonable latency.

"bullfighting" is probably a brazillian thing that they do in the weekends, fighting with bulls Tongue
spirit
Nub

Cakes 0

chickening out already?

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »

I updated the wiki with more detailed info on setting up your own dedicated server, this may help you.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers

spirit
Taie
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »

in the truth I did not understand right, in link that they had ordered says me the following one:
Basic Steps include the following:

upload OA to your server: this can be done via ftp, ssh/scp or whatever you prefer
create an OA user account, do NOT run the server with root priviledges
get / create a server config file (see example below)
make sure your firewall/router (if any) allows connections to the OA ports
run the server and make sure it stays active when you log out, usually with the help of the screen-utility under linux

but where I make this? it is complicated, would not have a simpler skill to make?
in the site it gives an example to me of as to configure? but where I place those commands? thanks for help me
spirit
Nub

Cakes 0

chickening out already?

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:58 AM »

If you consider these steps complicated then I assume that you don't want to setup a dedicated server. If all you want is to have friends connect to a game hosted on your PC (not a server running 24/7), then basically all you have to do is:

1) make sure your firewall (if any) allows connections to OA ports

If connected directly to the Internet (using a modem, public IP):
2a) nothing, go to 3)

else (you are behind a DSL router or sth. like that):
2b) configure portforwarding on the router (see manual) to allow connections from outside to your PC

3) find out your public IP and give it to friends so they can connect to your server (you may use a site like http://whatsmyip.org/ if you don't know how to do that)

4) start OA, click on multiplayer -> create server and follow instructions on screen to create a server.

spirit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: