Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Single player map Blitzkrieg not loading (Mac OS X)  (Read 6647 times)
Quasi
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: February 05, 2015, 04:21:18 AM »

Hello,

I purchased the open arena game from the app store, but I'm stuck in the Singel player game in TIER 3.
There seams to be a problem with the blitzkrieg map.
Is there a possibility to replace this map with a working one?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:07 AM »

Uhm... the version in the Mac app store isn't an official version from OpenArena Team. It has been put together by a third-party guy, so our knowledge about it is limited.

First, looking at DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Command_console]command console output may help finding what's the problem with that map.

However, possible workarounds I can think about now:

Maybe you may try to place pak6*.pk3 files taken from official OA 0.8.8 package ((DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Download_mirrors) into your DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Download_mirrors]homepath\baseoa folder and then try what happens. In case you do not overwrite any existing files in the process, you should be able to return to previous situation if that trick does not work.

Or you may use official OA 0.8.8 version instead of the app store version... (in that case, please take a look to DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Install#Mac]these notes).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:12:55 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Quasi
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:11:15 AM »

Thank you, replacing the pak6 files worked!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:54:52 AM »

Thank you, replacing the pak6 files worked!
Nice to hear that.  Smiley
In case Mac App Store does provide a way to contact that port's author, it may be nice to inform him about the problem...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: