Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New model format  (Read 33788 times)
revanic
VIP
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »

Here I have attached a zip containing the files needed for loading and drawing MDO's in Q3. Everything needed is in tr_model_mdo.c, including the loading and tag finding. The only thing you need to do is add the remaining code yourself ( such as the registration, MOD_MDO, SF_MDO, etc ). I'll be uploading the blender exporter soon. There is just a bit of trouble I am having with the auto positioning.

Edit: Decided to upload the blender exporter " as is " for now. It's in beta I guess. Tags require specific rotations to face forward, you'll have to figure out which way to rotate the tag bones on your own. Don't use auto position for either the floor or origin, they don't work as intended.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:55:25 PM by revanic » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »

A "Derigify" checkbox like the IQM exporter could be useful, having it export only DEF- prefixed bones

Also I've committe dthe code so far into the openarena/engine git

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 06:08:02 AM »

I undertand that MDO will not be feasible for public usage before a new OpenArena version will be released (years, probably)... however when you will want to create a page about it in OA wiki, feel free to ask me if you need help (but I can guess someone with your programming skills does not require any help for using a wiki! :-)).

By the way, what about proposing the new standard also to ioquake3 guys?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
revanic
VIP
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 09:00:15 AM »

I don't think the IOQ3 guys would want just another version of MD4. IQM bests MDO if only because it can support true skeletal deformation if anyone bothered, though MDO can be expanded to include such abilities. LODs inside the model format itself is pretty advantageous though. Maybe.

Another thing that may be noticed is that the Matrix3x4Lerp I included has a "SLERP" option. It's not a true SLERP, but does re-normalize the matrix to undo any squashing that happens while lerping. This can be useful for preventing "Tiny limb syndrome", but can be turned off by setting the final parameter in the function to qfalse ( of course Tongue ). Could create a cvar for it if desired.

As for now, I will try to work on that de-rigify option.

Fromhell: I just looked into the Git, careful with trying to check ident in RegisterMDO. It uses straight chars like IQM( I don't know why I really did that ) so you can't check it as an int. should leave it as
Code:
loaded = R_LoadMDO(mod, buf.u, filesize, name);
without the ident check.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:15:06 AM by revanic » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »

The engine still doesn't render MDOs after I changed that also.

i hope to have something someday. This is the crap i'm dealing with in an MDR pipeline

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
revanic
VIP
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

I'm gonna go ahead and check your code in the repository, however MDO's not loading may have something to do with rigify ( which I have yet to do a de-rigify option due to laziness and not wanting to do too much after finally getting something to work, just yet. )
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: