Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Me and about OpenArena and little question.  (Read 5633 times)
portaro
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: September 13, 2015, 03:34:27 PM »

Smiley Hello community of Open Arena is a great pelasure to me can participate here.
Im Portuguese and I play OpenArena a long time , I find this game when I start to use GNU/Linux (~ 9 years ago) .

Well this is my firts post and I need to know a simple thing What I need to do to add servers of gamers to my Open Arena because now I think that I can play with other users around world , but I try to see how I can do to add servers of our page and I cant find the right way , and this is my question .

Many thanks for users and devs of this great game !

Greetings  Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:43:48 AM »

Hello Portaro, welcome.  Smiley

Excuse me, I have not understood exactly what you mean with "add servers of gamers to my Open Arena"...
I mean, OpenArena has got its own server browser, so you should just select "multiplayer" in main menu, and should see server list (be sure to have selected "internet" servers, and check the other filters -maybe you have filtered for a specific gametype and human players only-). Does this work for you? If it doesn't work, maybe your firewall settings block OpenArena.

Also, there are other ways to find servers, I suggest using http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena plus OAwire Firefox extension (which adds useful launch links in dpmaster web pages).

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_browsers

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
portaro
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »

Thanks for reply, I will test in past I use the mission packs option and I thinking that this is the menu to access server , and there are a option to add servers but I ever cant add nothing .

Now I understand that is on the multiplayer option.

Thanks.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »

disregard 'missionpack', the gameplay stuff in that has been merged in baseoa already. all that gives is an interface and a broken team system right now

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: