Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing OA with VR headset/cardboard  (Read 7282 times)
adriano

Cakes 4

« on: October 06, 2015, 06:10:38 AM »

Hey people,

just a curios and funny thing... probably you've already heard about 'cardboard' and 'virtual reality (VR)' - the case where you put your smartphone in and you can look around by moving your head. Well, I tried this out with OA and on first start it worked fine for me. Then Idk why, I saw not only OA-window but also the whole desktop (WIN10). I was/am too busy to figure out a solution for it. But if you want to give it a try, then you'll need e.g. Intugame VR for your desktop and phone (and WLAN or USB cable, installation is very easy). Then disable fullscreen in OA to let it work. Now you can aim by moving your head! In the settings of Intugame (right click on green dot) you can set the senitivity.

Enjoy!    Grin

p.s. let me know if you got success with it Smiley
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:36:17 AM by adriano » Logged
asmanel
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:24:31 AM »

I think it's feasable. OA already support  DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Graphic_options#Stereoscopic_view]stereoscopic view.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »

It's not needed in this case. The app streams the PC game to your smartphone, and renders it in Stereoscopic 3D (see images below). They use the device’s sensors to track your head movement. That means you can look around in the game by moving your head (just like in reality) grouch .

It works for me only in windowed mode (/r_fullscreen 0). Just put /r_mode -1 and /r_customheight , /r_customwidth with your monitors resolution. Use /bind <button> +attack on your keyboard (or use a controller) and set something for /cl_mouseaccel and /sensitivity and you're ready. ccool

It's not the best gaming experience but quite funny to test it.  Huh
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:39:02 AM by adriano » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: