Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips with RPI B+?  (Read 9373 times)
rixxur
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: May 19, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »

If anyone has any tips on performance increases with OA on the Raspberry Pi B+, I'd love to hear them!
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »

I don't have any Pi, but you can at least try these!:

r_flares 0 - doesn't do expensive depth reading flares
r_primitives 2 - draws with least calls, though this may be uneffective if it's a GLES port that probably tore this out
r_lodbias 2 - more for the muzzleflashes which can cause texture switching issues on the highest LOD since I was a dumbass and used animmaps.
r_dynamiclight 0 - no dynamic lights. These are really decals that have a bit of an expensive modulation blend and uses a bunch of clipping polygon code to work.  Losing this should ease both the GPU's fillrate and the CPU
r_detailtextures 0 - for more of the same reason as dynamiclight plus added texture switching. also it's pretty patterny in low mipmaps on the old engine
cg_simpleItems 1 - slower CPUs can get choked pretty bad on all the spinning stuff.
cg_draw3Dicons 0 - less 3d on the screen should mean less polygons and texture switching
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:28:05 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Tweak#Tweaking_which_improves_performance

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: