Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excessive Plus Has Replaced Default OA  (Read 11784 times)
CamisaAzul
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

La DivisiĆ³n Azul nunca muere

« on: May 25, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »

Greetings, on the past weekend, I wanted to play on an Excessive Plus server, and as such, I found myself downloading the skins and maps, but I remembered that I was low on memory (my Windows 8 partition, where I was doing this, is pretty small), so I decided to stop the download.

However, as I left, the game rebooted, and I noticed that the OpenArena information under the menu has changed to Quake III information (shown in the first picture), that my player name has changed to Excessive Player and that I can't use default models, as all I see is a green, red or blue figure (depends on the model I'm using, shown on the second figure), but that the few models that were successfully downloaded are the only ones I can perfectly use.

I deleted all OA files and reinstalled them only to face the same issue again, even changing to the newest release (I was using an old version of the game) doesn't fix it, it only updates the Menu screen. What should I do?

Edit: I have previous experience with OpenArena and I know that vanilla OA appears on the mods tab but it doesn't appear here either, I only getQuake III, cookie (failed download) and MissionPack.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:34:03 PM by CamisaAzul » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 04:58:48 PM »

Check your baseoa folder in your home folder (or in Windows it's in Documents/username/Appdata/Roaming/OpenArena/)

this only happens because the sysop of the server was a bit incompetent and forced a mod into baseoa.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
CamisaAzul
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

La DivisiĆ³n Azul nunca muere

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

Check your baseoa folder in your home folder (or in Windows it's in Documents/username/Appdata/Roaming/OpenArena/)

this only happens because the sysop of the server was a bit incompetent and forced a mod into baseoa.

I went on and deleted most files that date from the day of the incident, everything has returned to normap now.

Thank you!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_files_and_automatic_downloaded_files_path
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Yesterday_everything_worked_correctly.2C_but_today_I_experience_strange_problems
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Using_Mods

It would be interesting to know which server it was, to find out if there is a way to contact its admin. A so badly configured server may mess up many people's OA!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: