Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks  (Read 14213 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« on: June 18, 2016, 10:14:11 AM »

One of the first games I created after learning C++ was Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks.
It is a Tetris Attack clone, at the time I wrote it the best alternative was Crack Attack and it was not what I had in mind.
The game was working and it worked great. Qubodup provided some improved graphics at one point and it was much needed.

Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks 2.0.0 was released 2016-05-01.

This is basically what I have been doing (gaming wise) the past 6 months instead of working on OpenArena.

Not much happened in the years 2010-1015. I was working as a C++ developer and writing code after getting home was not replenishing my energy. This is also part of the reason I have not been too active here.

The last half year I have been working on improving the code. The code was absurdly bad. My first thought was to rewrite it. Tried. Failed. Never scratch a working project. I spend some time refactoring the code. Separating logic, moving from SDL1.2 to SDL2 and make it less C-like.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:11:28 AM »

This morning I noticed that stuff in your Git reporitory, and was considering asking you if there was a working version to download... Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:52:33 AM »

Quickly tried.
Nice!

I never played Tetris Attack, but I find this nice!  Smiley

PS: Isn't there an installer-free Windows version?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:55:17 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »

No, there are not an installer free version but that would be a good idea.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:55:20 AM »

Update: I see now there is an installer-free Windows version.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: