Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood Prison (Nexuiz)  (Read 7742 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: July 12, 2016, 06:18:40 PM »

I did this more than a year ago and forgot to post it!

It's a port of Nexuiz's Blood Prison map (the last one of the campaign), which is GPLd.

So far, it works pretty well on OA, although it's a bit short and it needs a bit of work due to the scale.

Original by Paul Evers for Nexuiz.

http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/upload/oa_bprison.pk3

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:18:00 AM »

Quickly tried. Nice, however, a few minor things:
- Shotguns, grenades an rockets only? The lack of railgun, plasma AND lightning may seem a bit strange, but may be a nice idea to force people to use two weapons that are often considered weak. I wonder if a map with shotguns, grenades and plasma only may be good? Maybe yes.
- The graphical glitch on those light beams (first screenshot) makes them look bad. IIRC, the problem is not in the map or in the model, but that the texture used for such effect needs some kind of trick to do not produce the glitch. I hope in OA3 they will be fixed.
- In the place of the second screenshot, it is possible to pass there, but while doing it you seem to be walking on air. Maybe making the cornice a bit longer may make passing there look more natural.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:11:10 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 04:06:16 AM »

that graphical glitch has been solved in oa3 data at least

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 05:06:02 AM »

that graphical glitch has been solved in oa3 data at least
This is veeery good news!  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »

That glitch pissed me off to no avail as well, so that's awesome. Cheesy

About the guns, yeah, the map is very small for other weapons, though that was something I definitely considered when I did that placement. Think of the very first levels of Quake III.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: