Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution  (Read 82337 times)
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

Hey guys, I saw your posting theses days... after that day that someone in-game motivated to bring this project forward.... so thank you very much to all!
So what I have been doing last days? Continue developing the map with one mission: make it easier to play and nicer to look at.
In particular this means:
- new sky
- crusher easier to activate with a big arrow, so its usage is easy to understand
- flight items are placed better to be easier to reach. also they have a bigger platform to land on. they also last 2 seconds longer I think -> time tnough to get rocket+mega+quad. not sure about adding also bfg, cheb. what do the other think?
- side platforms are larger: you can jump directly on other base
- there were in total 3 platforms above flagg-> I removed one and placed yellow armor on top platform. this top platform hasn't anymore that weird auto-damage thing BUT an anticamper-rocketshooter punched
- enlarged some other area in base/near base so you have optional place to hide when carrying the flagg
- removed camper-friendly place as described by cheb
- placed a fan as jumppad
- made floating weapons more visible
- last but not least is just a funny addon which won't get to final I think: the flagg that rise up   Shocked  Grin

The viewable resumè of all this is here: https://streamable.com/s0xgp

Now I'll take some pause on mapping and continue when I have again more spare time

Cheers!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:22 AM »

Guessing if bots will like the flag going up, and what happens if the flag is returned while the platform is up...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2018, 01:25:48 PM »

Guessing if bots will like the flag going up, and what happens if the flag is returned while the platform is up...
can't answer the first (but I guess the same). second: the flagg returns always to its base station which stays always on platform... so yes, if platform is up, flagg returns up

to be clear: it remains a funny idea, but this feature goes against simplifying the map
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:44:49 PM by adriano » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 02:06:43 AM »

platform... so yes, if platform is up, flagg returns up
And if the platform returns while the platform is moving up?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 03:37:13 AM »

platform... so yes, if platform is up, flagg returns up
And if the platform returns while the platform is moving up?
Smiley same. always and ever on the platform
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2018, 12:44:38 AM »

Just remember that platforms are not lag-compensated and behave poorly/inconsistent with large pings. Which could be very frustrating.

Just my experience with the bfg platform in the original map.

You landing on it is uncertain. You can land safely only to find a second later that you wewre corrected to plummeting into void.
Its movement may be jerky and uneven, it jitters back and forth along its path.
It could jam if someone is fragged on it. As in completely stop moving, just vibrating in place.

I think it is worth investigating if the platform in the original map is implemented properly and if yes, then be wary of them.

Imma lazy dreamer. I achieved nothing.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2018, 02:57:51 AM »

It could jam if someone is fragged on it. As in completely stop moving, just vibrating in place.
I think it is worth investigating if the platform in the original map is implemented properly and if yes, then be wary of them.
Uhm... it almost sounds like they used "func_train" instead of "func_bobbing" (which is what is usually used to make a platform going back and forth only horizontally or vertically)...

Checking oa_ctf4ish source (not the "Evolution" version)....
exactly. I can see a func_train and no func_bobbing there.

By the way, in OA3 "trains" will not be blocked anymore. But since the change is in gamecode, older mods will continue to work the old-fashioned way.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:04:44 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: