Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most servers suddenly disappeared?  (Read 15995 times)
OldNerd
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: August 07, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »

Suddenly I noticed a bunch of servers disappeared and there are only a handful (as in like 10) left.  Is it just me or did something happen?
I was playing on dkfurious a lot and miss my usual opponents now.  Cry
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

Seeing 98 servers at the time of this writing.  

there's also the possibility one of the servers thought it'd be "smart" to send you an older "better" version pk3 with an older protocol

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

I havn't played in a while. Logged in to gametracker and it says Furious all weapons is offline and several of the other servers I used to play on were deleted. Thinking the server owner decided to stop paying for them or something. Even though I've been playing other games I would really miss playing open arena.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »

Here's the official listing. As of this post, 110 servers total, 96 servers responsive, 14 players.

http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:04:56 PM »

The 2 that I always play on Furious all weapons and DK vogon a Q3A server are offline and I believe they were owned by the same person. Just wondering if they'll be back or gone for good.
Trowa195

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:51:45 PM »

I don't know if it's related, but I have a similar problem where individual servers won't show up in the server browser. When I try to play on a server with someone else on my internet connection, the server usually disappears for whichever of us doesn't connect first. This usually happens on the Ciggaweed servers, although it has happened on others, as well. Trying to connect directly through the console doesn't work either, as the connection stops at Awaiting Gamestate. This has been a problem for a while, usually resolving itself in a few days, but it has become consistent over the last year or so. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?
Tip_ukingToe

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »

I too am looking for the Furious custom maps servers. For a while, it was down to just one server stuck on a single map. It was like this for a week or so, and then it was gone. I hope DK is OK and that the server will be back online soon. Anyone have a line to see what's up?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:00 AM »

Do you think the owner of that server is the one who wrote this post, dkfurious? In that case, you may try to send him a PM (he doesn't log here since 2014)...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »

If these servers are gone for good, would it be possible to make new ones with the same code? I really miss playing. I would start new ones if it's not too expensive or difficult to put together.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 03:22:53 AM »

Of course it is possible to run your own server (although an internet one requires some networking knowledge), if you can somehow replicate the configuration of the server you liked.

Maybe some "furious-related" files are still in the links here? http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5046.msg51895#msg51895 But I don't know how much the server changed since then. Maybe you may find the required pk3 files in your autodowload folders. I would however suggest you to make a try to contact dkfurious.

Some infos about running your own server:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Automatic_downloading
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Using_Mods
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:27:09 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 05:53:11 PM »

thanks for reply and info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: