Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Livestream OA TV 24/7  (Read 19740 times)
duke3636
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 13, 2016, 01:30:09 AM »

I've been streaming OA for a little over a year. i almost gave up on this because it OA kept crashing every 24 hours or so on windows. but before completely giving up I gave linux a shot and to my surpise  it was pretty stable.

The main purpose for this stream is to advertise and bring awareness about OpenArena to more people. I've had so many compliments about the stream from OA and non-OA players alike. I haven't generated any income yet. but if I do I will probably donate half of it to OA developers.

currently streaming at 60 frames per second and quality seems to be decent.
I have a machine (i7 920, amd 280x, 12gb ram, 3500kbps maxbitrate recommended by twitch) dedicated just for streaming. cpu is pretty much maxed out.

As long as I'm alive I will try to keep the stream live/alive 24/7.

you can check out the livestream on twitch, youtube and hitbox.

mainly streaming ciggaweed server since it's full almost 24/7  ip:port: 104.131.62.136:279605

If you have any ideas you can message you can reply to this thread or contact me directly on one of my channels.

https://www.twitch.tv/openarenalive
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb1CbYiT7Sch39E5OmEGG9Q/live
http://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCb1CbYiT7Sch39E5OmEGG9Q/live
https://www.hitbox.tv/oalive

Only thing the stream is missing is the zoom feature since OA doesn't allow spectators to see the zoom of players. maybe that is something for the developers to look into in a future upgrade. Smiley

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:08:47 AM by duke3636 » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:09 AM »

Should be this, instead?
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCb1CbYiT7Sch39E5OmEGG9Q/live

Only thing the stream is missing is the zoom feature since OA doesn't allow spectators to see the zoom of players. maybe that is something for the developers to look into in a future upgrade. Smiley
Uh? What do you mean? While "spectating", zoom button works normally, in OpenArena....

I don't know which method are you using to stream, but how does it change the player to spectate? Do you have some automatic script in your OS which emulates fire button press by now and then?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »

It's because the zoom in the code is strictly a client-side button where the server (game) has no idea of it being pressed and thus never gets recorded.  Quake's crude zoom did the same

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
duke3636
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »

Should be this, instead?
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCb1CbYiT7Sch39E5OmEGG9Q/live

Uh? What do you mean? While "spectating", zoom button works normally, in OpenArena....

I don't know which method are you using to stream, but how does it change the player to spectate? Do you have some automatic script in your OS which emulates fire button press by now and then?
[/quote]

both youtube links are pretty much the same. the 2nd one though is inside youtube gaming platform which youtube started last year to compete with twitch.
Yes I'm using a script that auto spectate a player for 30 sec then moves on to the next player for another 30 sec and so on.
as far as zoom goes, your question was asnewred by fromhell

I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it in General forum. feel free to move it to the right place.
also if feel free to post the links to the livestream on the main oa website.
duke3636
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »

Oh I almost forgot. we're also voice streaming from mumble. sometimes my friends and me will stream voice from mumble to make the livestream alive. However the mumble server stays empty for the most part since all OA players I know have jobs...
Anyone who wants his voice heard on the stream is welcome to join our mumble server:
address: dotsstuff.com
port: 64738

Please note that anything you say may be used against you  shifty since it's saved forever on youtube.

Also please no copyrighted music. as youtube will mute the video if it has any copyright material. other than that you can say anything.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 03:33:40 AM »

Oh, you mean to have the spectator see when the player he's following is using zoom? Player and spectator "zoom" features are not linked, each one can use zoom when he wishses, without affecting the other one...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 03:36:59 AM »

both youtube links are pretty much the same. the 2nd one though is inside youtube gaming platform which youtube started last year to compete with twitch.
I meant that the URL of gaming.youtube.com does not want the initial www, otherwise it does not work.
If you are still in time to modify the first post, you should fix the link to make it actually work!  Smiley

PS: I added your links here: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Main_Page#Information_for_Players
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:44:06 AM by Gig » Logged

DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 07:55:35 AM »

Nice job duke, keep up the work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: