Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very simple DM map  (Read 8295 times)
carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« on: September 04, 2016, 07:52:16 AM »

Hi fellows! I am back with a very simple DM map. (out come of just fool arround to getting in mapping again  topsy)

To have some DM Fun start the map at game Typen 0 via console and load some bots (7 would be nice) ... have DM fun  punched.
Instagib 1 is fun too at this place.
No screenshots  Tongue ... it would destroy the surprise effect. Post your own shots of the map here if ya want...  Roll Eyes

https://app.box.com/s/6g4djjtx5tlw13nzg30clkctu667zy0r

Comments are welcome ... find all failures on this map  Cheesy
NOTE: Map is still in prealpha version (as all my other maps  sick hope I can figure out some betas soon  Wink )

Cheers CG
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:17:56 AM by carca55gr1nd3r » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »

Tried. There's a lot of overdraw. The game renders everything behind the walls of the "enclosed" areas.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

Tried. There's a lot of overdraw. The game renders everything behind the walls of the "enclosed" areas.

I know  Grin as mentioned it is still a pre alpha. The "cleaning" is not done yet!
My way of mapping is Quick and Dirty at the first stage. The cleaning will bei done while the dev. process.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:48 AM »

Nice, althought maybe it may contain a bit more of vertical fight.

About issues:
- The two halfs of the doors should open at the same time...
- I found  place where, spectating or rocketjumping, you can go where you should probably not go, and see "all of mirrors" effect (over the wall right in front of the statue).
I tried to attach a 90k screenshot to show that, but the forum replied:
An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
Fromhell, could you please take a look? Thank you!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »

Nice, althought maybe it may contain a bit more of vertical fight.

Yeah less than no vertical fight ... therefore I call it a simple Death Match Map   ccool

About issues:
- The two halfs of the doors should open at the same time...

Thanks Gig ...

... awkward  Cry ... grouch what a stupid nooob fault  punched ... have fix it and upload the fixed version
because it was a minor fix and just 4 downloads only I stay with the map name.
Please just del the old version and download the latest one

- I found  place where, spectating or rocketjumping, you can go where you should probably not go, and see "all of mirrors" effect (over the wall right in front of the statue).
I tried to attach a 90k screenshot to show that, but the forum replied:

Yes I know will also fix it while development phase
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:46:31 AM »

By the way, it's a good map. But i have to agree that a vertical fight will be a better way.
Maybe a little vertical fight floor, just a level above and another below.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:39 PM »

By the way, it's a good map. But i have to agree that a vertical fight will be a better way.
Maybe a little vertical fight floor, just a level above and another below.

Wink

vertical fight? ... I was realy struggeling myself  punched how to made this happen. That was not in the concept of the map and I was affraid to destroy the map at all.

But I have try to focus on that .... So, how about a chamber in the ground?

I am not realy sure if that will work here some work on progress pictures: topsy

I have just made the chamber and two holes in the ground to enter.

Just need to figure out where and how to connect back to the first level. There are some ideas letz see about the output.

Cheers
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 02:10:05 AM »

Maybe, more than a new underground floor almost completely separated from the old one, just adding some structures where you could go up a little, to be able to shoot your opponents from a raised position, may have been enough.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: