Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oasago2 bot glitch  (Read 7270 times)
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« on: June 28, 2017, 07:54:47 AM »

I just noticed it recently (F: CTF for stupid) that bot carrying a flag stops at certain gate (the leftmost one if you look from your flag) and just runs along its plane back and forth, in plain sight of your flag, never scoring. Could be solved with a single rocket pushing the blasted piece of code over the threshold (the bot then proceeds to score), but this can get extremely annoying during 1 vs 1 matches with 2 bots, because you have to be there.

Imma lazy dreamer. I achieved nothing.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

I've tryed a match 2v2 and the flag carrier stuck in there (see screenshot):

Maybe someone can edit the original map and recompile to fix the problem....

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:30:51 AM »

'Tis weird. How much time was this bug around? It happens every time or just occasionally?

I'll try to recreate it now in the conditions Akom told in his post.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:50 PM »

It happens every time or just occasionally?
Every. Blasted. Time.
The dumbots think that gate is a solid wall or something.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:13:04 AM »

I just tried connecting to ":F normal ctf for stupids".

It's a modded server, with some UI and other changes... however, considering the red color of the console screen and of the menus, it looks like it is based upon OA 0.8.1. Confirmed also by scrolling back the console: 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 pk3 files are listed as "not on the pure list", meaning that the server is not using them.

OASAGO2 map in 0.8.8 is not exactly the same build as 0.8.1 (3.4 MB vs 5.8 MB), so it is possible that the bug may affect 0.8.1 and not 0.8.8 version of the map. However I cannot assure the bug isn't there anymore.

Akom, the test you did -where you confirmed the bug- was also on that server (0.8.1), or was locally (0.8.8, I suppose)?
UPDATE: Seeing the look of the "windows" on the right of the screenshot (which were different in 0.8.1 version), Akom was using 0.8.8 version of the map. So, the bug is still there, although I haven't been able to reproduce it yet!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:41:52 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »

Akom shows that the bug is also present in the 0.8.8 version of the map.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:14:41 AM »

I just checked this in pure 0.8.8
They seem to go through there, BUT the bot makes a weird sideways motion as he passes the threshold.
Looks like he begins his "running back and forth along a invisible wall" pantomime, but changes his mind right away.

Maybe this could be exacerbated by lag, or server max fps settings or something Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: