Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] Morgan's Blood  (Read 40356 times)
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 01:12:55 AM »

Maybe those are good ideas, i'll do something...

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 06:18:02 AM »

Just a simple and quick run, I'll later check the easter egg/secret. The map is enjoyable, congrats! Smiley

Some areas could benefit from an extra level of height, remember that arena shooters have a strong emphasis on vertical fighting.

If you don't plan on adding another level, then Quad Damage could be a bit too much in this map, try switching MH with Quad.

Nice secret. Smiley I was going to suggest using a teleporter instead of making the secret one-way, but considering that the MH is already a strong item, making the secret one-way could be a good idea. The Quad might fit it better than MH.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 06:30:59 AM »

I was going to suggest using a teleporter instead of making the secret one-way, but considering that the MH is already a strong item, making the secret one-way could be a good idea.
Excuse me, what do you mean with "making the secret one-way"?  Undecided

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 06:46:32 AM »

I was going to suggest using a teleporter instead of making the secret one-way, but considering that the MH is already a strong item, making the secret one-way could be a good idea.
Excuse me, what do you mean with "making the secret one-way"?  Undecided

I think he means that it's one entrance and one exit in the secret area.

By the way, i'll do something about Neon_Knight suggestions... Tongue

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 07:25:57 AM »

Exactly.

For a one-way secret the Quad Damage is a better choice than Megahealth. It's riskier to get an item in a one-way only area (example: the RL in oa_dm5).

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »

wow the shots looks awesome. Hope I get some sparetime to jump into it  ccool. good work Akom.  Smiley
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 12:55:05 AM »

wow the shots looks awesome. Hope I get some sparetime to jump into it  ccool. good work Akom.  Smiley

I'm doing some work in the map, soon a new version.

I think i'm inspired by some video of Quake Champions' maps, my mind start to fly....XD...

Wink

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »

UPDATE !

New Version here (same of the attachment):
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/jw1m5o2sas2xwkssymqayvhqeo90t65o

I hope you enjoy this final version.
Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »

Very good, I like it!  Smiley
(I still hope someday we may make OACMP Volume 2 and put there all these great maps from yours!)

If I have to be nitpicking, I may say:
- What about adding common/nodrop just above the launchpads? In the first screenshot, you can see a shotgun stuck there.
- The passage shown in the second screenshot may be a bit wider IMHO.
- Maybe a bit more lighting may be useful? I played it in TDM and it wasn't always easy to recognize team colors.
- I see in your .arena file that the map only lists ffa-team-elimination-lms. What about DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_manual/Additional_gametype_support]adding support for Domination and Double Domination? And why not, even Possession (IIRC, adding support for Possession simply requires to add a neutral flag with "gametype" key set to "pos" -of course, you need to use OAX beta mod for testing gametype 13-)? Also, maybe the map may also be good for Tournament mode, or do you think that after the last room addition it's a bit too large for that? Maybe it may still fit...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:34:42 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 03:19:12 AM »

Ok, i've done some change at the map.

I like Double Domination mode, in the next Release you can play it Smiley

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 06:40:38 AM »

I've read once (in a G4TV article about what do the best multiplayer maps have in common) that a LD team made maps with one gametype in mind, and then, if they were adequate for such modes, they added the rest. As long as the gametypes can fit the map well, I'm all for extra gametype support.

For DD you might want to take the UT200X approach and create separate spawn rooms with teleporters and a few starting/weak weapons (SG-GL-RL-PG, but only two of them max) so teams can enter the arena without worrying for being fragged without finding any weapon at all.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 06:56:51 AM »

Downloaded and gave it a quick run.

I'm not sure about the secret area in this version. The one-way-out approach was a good thing for a place which was supposed to hold a strong item. You're supposed to suffer a bit if you really want a strong item, it shouldn't be safe to get strong items in general unless the strong item is required for a certain kind of gameplay.

I'm not sure what is the intention either behind the Lightning Gun area. The map was well without that weapon (it is small enough and the loadout was already good without it).

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 07:05:29 AM »

Mmmh... maybe the LG can be changed with another RL ?

By the way, some changes are made in another version:

1) Some brush work in the LG room.
2) Added the "nodrop" texture in the jumppad zone.
3) Added support for DD mode.

Wink
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:12:43 AM by Akom74 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 07:33:55 AM »

That can also work, yes. Also switch the Megahealth and the Quad Damage. Quad is a stronger item than Megahealth.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »

That can also work, yes. Also switch the Megahealth and the Quad Damage. Quad is a stronger item than Megahealth.
But on the other hand, maybe it's not very probable that the bots will use the secret button to find it, maybe giving an unfair advantage to human players?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

But on the other hand, maybe it's not very probable that the bots will use the secret button to find it, maybe giving an unfair advantage to human players?
But again, a lot of maps do place very strong items in risky/hard to reach places, where bots rarely go or never go...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:32:54 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »

There are ways to make bots to reach that kind of items, there was even a tutorial. Right now however, the priority is to get both layout and weapon/item placement right. Botplay and details should come later.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 07:15:11 AM »

UPDATE:

The LG room is changed a lot. I've added a new corridor some pillars and Double Domination mode work very well, even with BOTs.

I've changed the Megahealth with the Kamikaze item.
Don't mess with the Akom....  punched Cheesy

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 05:38:07 AM »

I've changed the Megahealth with the Kamikaze item.
Reminder: being the Kamikaze a Team Arena item, it doesn't spawn while playing the map with old mods.
Are you sure you want to use it as the secret? Maybe you may place it in "team" (spawn alternately) with another item?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 08:14:26 AM »

You're right, in other mod the item don't spawn.... Sad

I'll think at something else....  punched

Wink

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »

Ok guys, Final Version of the map here:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/jw1m5o2sas2xwkssymqayvhqeo90t65o

Update:

-Changed kamikaze item with the Regeneration Item.
-Some minor brush work.
-Optimized DD mode, try it and tell me.

Wink

P.S.: I've tryed to attach the PK3 file but it gives me an error of "folder full".... don't know why...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »

Quickly tried in DD mode.. it looks like it's not very easy to score...
Maybe the spawn point too near to the DD points should be disabled while playing in that mode ("!gametype" key)?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 08:14:29 AM »

Quickly tried in DD mode.. it looks like it's not very easy to score...
Maybe the spawn point too near to the DD points should be disabled while playing in that mode ("!gametype" key)?

The spawnpoint near the B point are normal "player_deathmatch" entity and are used one time on three.
Normally red and blue spawnpoint are used.

You can load the .map file in the editor and see it.

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:11 AM »

Well, I just opened your .map file with a plain text editor and I cannot find any "info_player_dd*"  inside it.
IIRC, Double Domination mode does NOT search for team_ctf_(red/blue)(player/spawn)... instead it does search for:
1) info_player_dd_blue/info_player_dd_red
if none found, then:
2) info_player_dd
if none found, then:
3) info_player_deathmatch or info_player_start (not sure about the order of the two)

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_manual/Additional_gametype_support
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_manual/Additional_gametype_support#Per-gametype_entity_support

PS: your .arena file now says "ffa dd tourney lms". What happened to "team" and "elimination"? :-/

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »

Do you remember that i'm not using a regular editor to make my maps ?

By the way, probably i was wrong thinking at the info_blue/red_spawn can do the same job of info_player_dd_red/blue...

However, anyone with the right editor can insert the needed entity and recompile the map.

Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: