Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] Morgan's Blood  (Read 40344 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »

Well, I just opened your .map file with a plain text editor and I cannot find any "info_player_dd*"  inside it.
There is nothing wrong with not having info_player_dd* as long as no ordinary spawnpoints are near the points. Just because it's an option does not mean that you must use them. I tried a quick game and found nothing wrong with the current spawnpoint.

I liked the map. Perhaps the default bot count was 1 or 2 too high.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »

Do you remember that i'm not using a regular editor to make my maps ?
IIRC, it is possible to place baseq3 items or spawn points and then manually modify them to become the "ta/oa" item or spawn point... However you don't need the DD specific points, you can just use the deathmatch spawn points, and use "!gametype" key to prevent one from being used in DD mode, in case it is too near to a DD point. Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »

Well, I just opened your .map file with a plain text editor and I cannot find any "info_player_dd*"  inside it.
There is nothing wrong with not having info_player_dd* as long as no ordinary spawnpoints are near the points. Just because it's an option does not mean that you must use them. I tried a quick game and found nothing wrong with the current spawnpoint.

I liked the map. Perhaps the default bot count was 1 or 2 too high.
If you read carefully, intially I said to Akom he could disable the (generic) spawnpoint too near to the dd point, and he replied that it was used rarely, alternated with the (ctf) red/blue ones, and so I explained to him that it wasn't the case. DD does not use ctf spawn points, and since the map does not contain dd-specifc spawn points, those "red" and "blue" he mentioned had to be the ctf ones...

I'm perfectly ok with using deathmatch spawn points in DD, just keeping an eye to their distance from the points. Smiley

It was just that a quick try gave me the impression of being quite hard to defend the DD points, and once I saw a bot spawning directly in the LG room, where I already had a bad time trying to defend the B point. But maybe it's just me that still have to find the right way to defend it... I repeat it was a quick try.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:12:02 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 12:55:32 AM »

Akom, I don't remember if I asked before...

Just for curiosity, why a map called "Morgan's Blood" is named "oa_torq"? And who is Morgan?

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:09 PM »

*cough*beret/macho*cough*

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 03:24:27 PM »

HE HE

punched

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 04:48:32 AM »

@Gig: "Morgan's Blood" is the long name of the map. Also in Q3A tha map's names are different from the Long Name.

@Fromhell: What ??  Shocked

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 06:23:14 AM »

One of the default bots in OA is called Morgan, and uses the "beret/macho" skin.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 07:32:43 AM »

One of the default bots in OA is called Morgan, and uses the "beret/macho" skin.

Ah, now it's clear. Don't noticed that....  punched

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »

@Gig: "Morgan's Blood" is the long name of the map. Also in Q3A tha map's names are different from the Long Name.
I know that. Smiley  But usually the short name is either a code with a meaning (q3dm17, oacmpctf3) or a short version of the map name (to be easily recognizable). So I was wondering where did that "torq" come from...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:13:25 PM by Gig » Logged

carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2017, 04:14:43 AM »

have try it out ... Nice one  Kiss

love the layout and the design ... thats how oa maps shall be  Grin
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 06:09:01 AM »

have try it out ... Nice one  Kiss

love the layout and the design ... thats how oa maps shall be  Grin

Thank you !

Smiley Smiley

carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2017, 04:31:48 AM »

Hi Akom

one small issue want to share:

I noted that glitchy border at the used beam shader. Not sure if that is wanted because I have seen this glitch at almost every map that use these shaders.
And it always seems to me like a bug.

https://app.box.com/s/qbpudskld4lfgandfwdj0h4wly3bvhhx

As far as I see it, that is a issue caused by the textuer used at these shader.
But to change it would mean loose the pureness of the gamepack.

Here my hotfix for this one:

https://app.box.com/s/p1h0pwhz6ciu9c0e8whecqa0i121whe5

https://app.box.com/s/ngvjbnzfpte18s2ripxibb5jteyykmo3

https://app.box.com/s/ou7mq5ufl6r68f1u16pubyc7vs65wyjz

https://app.box.com/s/1wugrps501r6p4i8bv8ynb6cstmw8596

Cheers

EDIT: Here my sample map with some hotfixed and some unfixed beam shader brushes / patches.

https://app.box.com/s/vdi6zhwth1jt0znq4y6sxt29kfr9qy3q

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:00:45 AM by carca55gr1nd3r » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »

The beam is not a problem of the map. It is a problem of the OA shader which affects a lot of maps.

carca55gr1nd3r
Bigger member

Cakes 4

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

The beam is not a problem of the map. It is a problem of the OA shader which affects a lot of maps.

Exactly, Neon ... as I mentioned: it is a problem of the texture used by the beam shader ... thats why I explain the hotfix.
Another solution would be to fix all textures of the beam shader and put it as a seperat .pk3 file.

Maybe I will do this when I get some spare time  Tongue
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:23 AM »

Maybe I will do this when I get some spare time  Tongue
The way to make light beam textures in a way that doesn't trigger the "ugly odd border" problem was shown in the images attached to this post (forum login required to see the images).
By the way: NeonKnight, when and if we will write the mapping manual pages about textures/shaders, I suppose we should also mention that stuff there.

I think Fromhell (or someone else) said existing light beams textures were already fixed, so they should be ok in OA3. I can't find the forum post where it has been mentioned they were fixed, but they are currently listed under (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs#Already_fixed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:08:50 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: